Author Topic: Am I the only one who's baby talks in the middle of the nite  (Read 1632 times)

Offline a_astorga

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Giorgio Barone 02/01/05
Am I the only one who's baby talks in the middle of the nite
« on: August 23, 2005, 02:14:08 am »
Hi,

I have a 6.75 month old boy and he wakes up at 3-4 am and starts talking to himself for a while then gets sleepy cries a little and goes back to sleep. Once I put him down at 6:30 for bedtime and woke up at 8 and started talking to himslef for like 1 min. then went back to sleep. Could that have been a dream? Why does he talk in the middle of the nite when it's pitch black in his room?

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 02:16:16 am »
Both of my kids do/did it......completely normal, and since they are putting themselves back to sleep - EVEN BETTER!!!!  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline zelkad

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 10
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 13:52:39 pm »
Hi !!

I just wanted to let you know that our 6 month ld does the same...however, he will talk, fuss etc from about 3:30 till 4:30.  He does put himself back to sleep but I can't sleep through it.  I was considering wake to sleep but I don't know if I should because he's is not needing me to go in his room.  How long does your lo talk for during the wee hours??

Offline Mariek

• Showing Appreciation 225
  • If the Beatles had read Hunter
    • My Blog: Protect The Cookie!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 14:19:08 pm »
This was one of the reasons why we stopped putting the baby monitor on overnight from when DD was about 7 months old. She would sing to herself as well as talking and then go back to sleep, which was very cute but unfortunatley it would always wake me up (DH of course slept through it in oblivion! Men!  :roll:  - present company excluded of course, Gareth and Andy ;)).

We finally decided we could hear her if she was awake and distressed enough to need us and stopped using the monitor....... and I finally got some good nights sleep in :)

love
Marie

Offline a_astorga

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Giorgio Barone 02/01/05
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 14:21:30 pm »
Hi,

Last night George woke up about 2:15 and talked until 3:30. I think he stopped cause I fed him at that time, but when I picked him up to burp him, he was talking and smiling and playing with me. So I put him down and went to sleep. Then like at 4:30 or 5, woke up again and talked another hour! Oh well.

Offline Fiona (Leah & Kians Mom)

• Showing Appreciation 84
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 18:14:19 pm »
Hi,
I did the same as MarieK, monitor off, dds room door closed and mine open so I can hear her is she needs me. She used to do it at around 5am, then moved to 6, then 7 now it's about 7.45  :lol:  She used to just sing and play with her dolly for about half an hour.
Fiona