Poll

Do you keep it quiet in the house when baby is napping?

Yes, my baby likes it quiet.
3 (15.8%)
Kinda, I try not to make loud noises.
14 (73.7%)
No, noise doesn't wake my baby.
2 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: August 04, 2005, 20:27:02 pm

Author Topic: Quiet in the Room PLEASE ??  (Read 1675 times)

Offline CarolinaGirl

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Quiet in the Room PLEASE ??
« on: August 04, 2005, 20:27:02 pm »
Do you keep in quiet in your house when baby is napping??  I insisted on quiet with my first son 10 years ago because he was colicky and never slept well!  I swore I wouldn't do it this time but every little noise wakes up my 4 month old son and then he's cranky.  I have 3 other kids in the house and it is tough to keep things quiet. Weird thing is baby will sometimes sleep in a noisy restaurant, at the pool, etc. Just wondering what everyone else does!!  Thanks, Heather

Offline jayne

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 20:59:07 pm »
i put a fan in ginas room..more so because it  has been so hot this summer but gina is a light sleeper and will wake with sudden loud noises so i make the kids play quiet.. when the neighbors come over i either make them go outside or play quiet.. it is only a couple of hours so they can be quiet for that time..

i do vacuum and we play.. just no roughhousing,banging the door or anything like that :D
jayne

dd#1  05-14-2001
dd#2  08-06-2004

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
Quiet in the Room PLEASE ??
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 22:23:09 pm »
I also put a fan (sm Honeywell - Turbo fan) in the room as i was tired of having a fit when the dogs barked or Dh's am shower would wake her.  Now i don't worry at all and it makes life/sleep time much easer.