Author Topic: Cutting out night feeds  (Read 2094 times)

Offline isys

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
    • http://www.StateofArtPortraits.com
Cutting out night feeds
« on: August 04, 2005, 20:46:22 pm »
Hi,
My baby is 7.5 months and is breastfed.  I just started this system about 3 weeks ago to establish napping as my baby did not like to nap longer than about 30-45 minutes once or twice a day and only slept 10 hours at night with 1-2 wakings. The evening wakings are not consistent enough time wise to go in before she wakes.

The system worked amazingly for the naps and she seems to have getting to sleep by herself pretty much down.  I want to remove the night feed(s) now and wanted to know if I just use the same ssh for her? When she wakes if I do not go in at night she starts crying, eventually with a "i mean business" cry. If she does wake twice, she only really feeds during one waking and then falls back to sleep while actively sucking or may be just drowsy - I can't really tell as still sucking but when I put in crib she just rolls into her sleep position and is out.

I am reading through the posts but thought I would post this as well as my baby is much older than the rest of the posts that I have read.
Thanks,
Tracey

Offline rachelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Oregon/USA
    • my blog
Cutting out night feeds
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 14:14:45 pm »
yes, I would say use the same thing that you have used for naps.  Or Pick up/put down.  What you'll probably need to do is replace the feeding with something else.

Or, are the wakings at the same time each nite?  If so, they may be habitual, and you could use wake-to-sleep.

HTH
Rachelle
Mommy to
Kiandra Diane 6-11-03
Kalli Louise 9-20-04
And Kiersten Angeline 4-25-06

Offline isys

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
    • http://www.StateofArtPortraits.com
Cutting out night feeds
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 03:32:40 am »
Hi Rachelle,

No the wakings are not at the same time every night so will just use the shssing as I am at nap time as it works well.  I am just worried that sometimes she may be hungry and how will I know as she does not really cry much so I am not sure of the difference between a hunger cry and a po'ed cry... guess I will find out ;-)

Thanks,
Tracey