Author Topic: still taking 2 naps  (Read 1828 times)

Offline sophiesmommy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
still taking 2 naps
« on: August 05, 2005, 21:29:03 pm »
I know everyone will say what are you griping about, but my dd will be 18 months and is not showing any signs of going to 1 nap a day!  This is a littel frustrating because I have to schedule my day around her 2 naps and thought by now we would have been down to 1 nap.  I would love to have the whole morning to go exercise and run errands but no can do because she still needs her sleep.  Also, she sleeps for a total of 3-4 hours during the day!  Has anyone else had a child that still wanted 2 naps at 18 months?  I think she is making up for the lack of sleep she had as an infant since she had awful relux!!  Or she takes after her mama who loves naps!

Offline georgia's mama

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
still taking 2 naps
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 01:37:03 am »
my daughter is 14 mos and we are sort of forcing the one nap a day thing since she is starting daycare in the fall and they only nap once a day there...my niece is almost 19 months and most days will take two naps (1:00 amish and 3:00 pmish)...how much sleep is your lo getting at night?  i find with mine, the more she sleeps, the more she wants to sleep if that makes sense.
loving my baby girl

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
still taking 2 naps
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 04:42:46 am »
Aiden didn't go completely to 1 nap/day until just after 21 months... until then he would maybe have 1 day per week where he napped 1 nap/day, but when I stopped work before the arrival of #2 I kind of forced it to 1 nap as it made it easier to do things, but even now (turned 2 last weekend) there are days when if he was given the opportunity he would take 2 naps a day & still go 11 hours overnight.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline sophiesmommy

• Showing Appreciation 1
still taking 2 naps
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 21:06:20 pm »
Georgia,

DD usually goes down about 8 pm and up around 7 am.  Sometimes sooner, sometimes later for both times but usually she gets anywhere from 10-11 hours sleep at night.  Some days I do force one nap if we are out and about and you would think she would sleep for a longer stretch but it is usually almost consistently 1.5 hours.  But it's good to know some kids are just good nappers.  I know I still am when I get the chance.  And since I was not teaching when I was pg because we had just moved to a new town, I got to rest and sleep alot, so who knows maybe she liked that while she was in my belly!

Offline sophiesmommy

• Showing Appreciation 1
oops
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2005, 21:07:12 pm »
Sorry Michele!!  I know that's your name and I still wrote the message to your daughter!  lol