Author Topic: What brand of rice cereal not too sweet?  (Read 1195 times)

Offline Marrat

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 06, 2005, 06:02:52 am »
Good morning all

I'm about to start my LO with solids (almost 6mo) and want to know which brands of rice cereal is not too sweet.
I looked in the supermarket the other day and what I found worrying, was so many cereals have honey or wheat - does that mean it's only the taste or it actually contains the stuff? I thought honey and wheat to be introduced only after 1yr?

Thanks

Offline Hunter & Sithia's mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 81
What brand of rice cereal not too sweet?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 13:58:48 pm »
I use the baby cereal Milupa for DS.  He was BF at the time, but I couldn't express efficiently, so this one was suggested by my doc.  You can use water / formula or BM to mix it and DS LOVES IT.  DO NOT GET ANYTHING WITH HONEY IN IT, as it can cause botulism in babies.  It seems that in your post, you are thinking of using an adult cereal.  They don't have the nutrients specifically needed by babies, like Iron for example.  The Milupa has a full day's source of Iron in a serving (7tbsp), and I used to split it up over 2 feeds (am and just before bed)

HTH
Beth
Beth
Mom to Hunter 10-13-04
Sithia 20-04-07

Offline Neal

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 00:31:59 am »
I was happy with the plain old Gerber brand.  I'd mix it with formula instead of water.  It's more of a pain, but my baby liked it much better.

Then you can get real crazy and go for the oatmeal!  Or the mixed grain cereal!!   :lol: