Author Topic: Problems switching to a 4hr EASY  (Read 2930 times)

Offline mlindsey

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 06, 2005, 07:03:19 am »
I have recently tried to switch my 6 mth old daughter to a 4 hr EASY schedule.  It worked for a few days...but then she started waking up early after her first feeding.  She started going back to sleep after the 6am feeding & waking for her morning around 8:30am.  I let her play in her bed for 30 min or until she gets fussy before I get her up.  Then she is up early for her 2nd feeding.  After she eats, she can stay awake for awhile...but after her nap, she wakes up early & this process continues throughout the day.  This worked okay for a 3 hour schedule...but it doesn't work with a 4 hr schedule or she will be eating before nap time.  She can stay awake for 2 hours so i know that she would do well on the 4hr schedule.  Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions.  How can i get her on an EASY schedule?  Should i really work to get her to take a nap before her 2nd feeding...this sometimes works?  Or should i try wake-to-sleep to get her to sleep longer in the morning?  I have tried it in the past, & she always wakes up at 6am.  Or could i start her schedule over at 8:30am...trying to feed her at this time & feed her every 4 hours from this time?  i would like to keep her feedings consistent because i think this really helps her to sleep better at night. 

Here's an example of her schedule now:

- 6am Eat 5oz
  8 - 8:30am Awake (sometimes awake at 6 or 7am & then i can get her to nap at 8:30am & on schedule)
- 9:30am Eat 4 1/2 oz & play
  10:30am Sleep
  12 or 12:30 pm Awake
- 1pm Eat 4 1/2 oz & play
  2 - 2:30pm Sleep until 4 or 4:30pm
- 4:30pm Eat 4 1/2 oz & play
  6pm Short nap
- 7pm Eat 4 1/2 oz & bath
- 8:30pm Bedtime
- 11pm Dreamfeed 5oz

Hope this is not too confusing.  Thanks!
Misty

Offline mlindsey

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 09:16:07 am »
just had another idea.  Should i try to keep her awake at 6am for at least an hour?  Then she might sleep until the next feeding time.  i would love any suggestions.
Thanks!
misty

Offline thitz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 13
  • Emily and Elliot
Problems switching to a 4hr EASY
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 23:43:14 pm »
Hi Misty,

My dd has been on about a 3.5 hour schedule since almost 4 months.  I am a little confused with your schedule but at first glance I suggest doing your darndest not to give the first feed till around 7:00am and make this your wake up time and the start of your first EASY cycle for the day.  Everything might fall into place after that.

Good luck, Tarri

Offline mlindsey

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2005, 00:13:42 am »
Thanks!  i know it's a little confusing.  i'm alittle confused by it right now too.  :)  But i will try to stretch out her 1st feeding soon.  but i think i might try keeping her up at 6am...until she gets used to this new schedule.  & see how that goes for a few days.

Offline kate585

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
  • My darling redheads!!!
Problems switching to a 4hr EASY
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 15:14:43 pm »
I'm having trouble, too.  My problem is Ryan doesn't like to stay up more than an hour or so for the A period.  He'll be 5 months old on Thursday, so I know he should be staying up longer.  When I try to extend it, he gets a bit cranky.  I downloaded some logs to track what he is doing so I can decided what to do.  I am concerned about keeping him up too long and then not being able to get him to sleep.  Any suggestions?
Kate,