Author Topic: Wake Time for 4 month old  (Read 1759 times)

Offline oscar10405

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Wake Time for 4 month old
« on: August 06, 2005, 08:08:44 am »
Hi, can someone please tell me how long my 17 week old baby should be awake for?  I've been told 1.5 hours but I've read other posts on here and some babies that are only 1 month older are staying up 2-4 hours?  His tired signs are very, very hard to see because he's very alert and hyper most of the time and he just gets more excited the more tired he gets.  I currently try to get sleep started after 1.5 hours.  Is this right for his age?  (we are in Day 1 of trying to start the p/u, pd technique and it's not going well so far so I just want to make sure I have the wake time right?!)  thanks

Nikki~Nathan&Danielle

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 08:38:03 am »
That sounds about right.  My dd is now 18wks old (I think!) and she's just stretched herself out to 2-3hrs awake time.  But that's only been in the last week.  In the BW book the suggested is around 2hrs at 4mths - but some babies aren't ready for this until closer to 5mths.  I'd just follow your lo's cues at the moment - although I know my dd is harder to read now.  She doesn't seem to yawn all that much, but is starting to rub her eyes and her arms still do a bit of a jerky thing.

Offline oscar10405

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 09:27:49 am »
Thanks Nikki!