Author Topic: Help - I don't want to be a co-sleeper  (Read 1490 times)

Offline debbygilhernandez

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Help - I don't want to be a co-sleeper
« on: August 06, 2005, 14:55:22 pm »
Code: [Select]
Hello,
My seven week old baby girl seems like a textbook baby most of the time.  She is on a pretty regular 3 hour schedule except every day feedings are at different times because her first feeding varies - due to her irregular nights.  She falls asleep on her own most of time and only get grumpy around dinner time.  Her last feeding is usually around 9pm or 8pm and then she sleeps until 12, 1, or 2. I then feed her and usually proceed to try to get her back to sleep.  This usually means I spend about two hours patting, shushing, picking her up, and trying to put her back down.  I then either give up or fall asleep trying and she proceeds to sleep another three to four hours in bed with me/on me.  I don't like the idea of cosleeping and would like to figure out what I can do to get her to get back to sleep.  I think it is so strange that in a 24hr period she only has problems with this cycle.  Please help. 
Debby

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 23:00:54 pm »
Ewan also did this in the beginning.  He would end up sleeping the second half of  the night on the couch on dh or myself.  By the time he was 9 weeks or so we were able to get him back in his crib after the night feed when he was drowsy and he would just go to sleep no problem.  Does she get really gassy?  That was Ewan's problem.

Offline debbygilhernandez

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 01:30:00 am »
Thanks for replying.  I was starting to worry that no one was going to read my message  :lol: I wouldn't say she's very gassy but there are times that I lay her down and she slowly becomes fussy, then when I pick her up she burps.  But even after she has burped and calms back down she won't stay in her crib.  Tonight I'm trying the "dream" bottle.  I read about it today but I don't think she'll stay down without being burped.  We'll see.  :?  By the way, do you have your son sleep in the same place during naps and at night?
Debby

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 02:21:44 am »
Once Ewan was less gassy he started to take all his naps and his nightime sleep in his crib.  Sounds to me like she is pretty gassy and that could be what is contributing to it.