Author Topic: Doesn't like books at bedtime anymore????  (Read 2196 times)

Offline shines

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Doesn't like books at bedtime anymore????
« on: August 07, 2005, 05:18:48 am »
Shoot!  Reading stories has always been an important part of our lo's bedtime routine (especially at night), but the past few wks, she hasn't been interested for some reason.  So, we're skipping the part of her routine that helped her whind down and get drowsy.  Anyone else experience this?  She also has started throwing her pacifier at the same time as the book.  Part of her routine has always been to give her her paci at bedtimes (this is the only time we bring it out).  Any thoughts?
Shawn
Mama to Camryn Shea (Touchy/Spirited Gem)
and Dustin Thomas (Textbook Sweety)

Offline MomtoRee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 16:00:55 pm »
No help here b/c mine screams when the books come out.  I think she knows that she gets to nurse after books and just wants that.  So, right now we offer the books and if she doesn't want it we skip them.  I'm sure that it is just a phase and they will get over it soon (hopefully).  Good luck!
Ree November 2004

Offline Stacie:Emma&Josh Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 11
  • USA/Texas/Austin
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 23:43:29 pm »
I'm guessing your little one has made the connection between books and naptime.  My dd did this at some point, but I just pushed through and would only read a page or two.  She wasn't really fighting the books but rather the idea that the books meant naptime.  Now she loves them again.  Good luck!