Author Topic: Learned to sit up by self - not sleeping  (Read 1180 times)

Offline shines

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Learned to sit up by self - not sleeping
« on: August 07, 2005, 05:23:56 am »
Our 10 month old finally learned to get into sitting position from her tummy.  She's been learning for a week, but really mastered it today.  This post may be premature, but she had an awful time getting to sleep tonight - an hour later than normal (1.5 hours of me trying to get her to sleep).  I twice left the room for 5 minutes, to see if she would get to sleep - and her cries were more whines than actual cries - but when they got to the "I NEED MAMA NOW" stage, I went in and she was sitting up both times.  And, she kept trying to sit up when I layed her back down.  I think I know the answer.  Be consistant, and keep laying her back down, right?  Just checking.....
Shawn
Mama to Camryn Shea (Touchy/Spirited Gem)
and Dustin Thomas (Textbook Sweety)

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 275
Learned to sit up by self - not sleeping
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 18:29:24 pm »
Yup!  :lol: We're going through this too right now. One thing I've found that helps is rubbing her legs when I lay her down again. Like a little mini massage. It doesn't help with the amount of time it takes to get her to sleep or to stop sitting up but it helps calm her if she's become quite upset. I think I remember in one of Tracy's books it says there muscles get quite sore when they're going through physical developments. Just a thought. You're definitely not alone! I think it will pass you just have to be consistent as you said so you don't accidentaly do any accidental parenting.  :lol:

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008