Author Topic: waking up to feed  (Read 1551 times)

Offline zelda

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: August 07, 2005, 07:18:32 am »
does anyone have any advice on how i can get my 4mo to take in more calories over the day?  he is already drinking quite a lot (8oz) at his feeds but he is now waking up between 3-4am to eat 4oz.

i think the problem is the dreamfeed - here he only takes 2oz then.  is there a way i can get him to take more?

Nikki~Nathan&Danielle

waking up to feed
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 08:55:20 am »
I recall a bit in Tracy's book where she suggests to feed less at the feed prior to the DF and hopefully by the time the DF is offered that the baby will drink more and therefore have more in their belly to go longer through the night.  I don't have the book near me to give you a page number, but if you have the book let me know and I'll hunt out the bit that discusses it.

BTW, how long has he been waking for this feed - is this a new thing?  Maybe you've hit a growth spurt and it will pass in a few days?  Will he take more at any of the other day feeds?

HTH :)

Offline zelda

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 09:05:10 am »
i know that part in the book, it's a good idea.  maybe i could also try to move his nighttime feed back 30min or so, what do you think?

it is a new thing - it actually started when i got tougher with my 4h EASY because we have introduced formula and he needs a better schedule.  it is also a different time every night and he is sleeping well during the day, so i'm sure it's hunger.