Author Topic: important question about waking up  (Read 2046 times)

Offline shasha

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 06, 2005, 19:46:52 pm »
Hi i ha ve question: my baby is now turning 3 months old and she is on the easy schedule which works out fine on most days feeding times are usually 7,10,13,16,19 + dream feed +1 feed at night  at around 3:30-4:00 am. She is now starting to sleep longer so  she woke up yesterday at 3, i gave her the paci. and she went back to sleep untill 5 am, and i fed her then. my question is, is she stars to wake up at 5 or 6 am now, and i feed her ,what happens with the 7 am feed ? the interval is going to be much shorter so i am wondering what i should do, i dont want her to miss a feed so i do want to feed her at 5 or 6 but then we are getting to close to the 7 am feed right? i need help here with what is the right wya to go on, i  couldnt find it in the books. thanks !!

Offline LindseysMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Lincolnton, NC, USA
important question about waking up
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 19:56:15 pm »
Maybe you could go ahead and feed her at 3am when she wakes and then maybe she will make it to 7 am instead of 5 am?  Just a thought. :wink:
Lynne
Registered Nurse now Sahm
Mom to Lindsey Elizabeth 10/28/04
Baby girl due December 8th

Offline shasha

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 20:38:56 pm »
thanks. when i feed her at 3 she does sleep untill 6:30 or 7. but the thing is that its a good thing to have her stretch longer (from the dream feed to 5 am) so if i go on feeding at 3 , we wont get her to eventually sleep through the night right?

Offline LindseysMom

• Showing Appreciation 9
  • Lincolnton, NC, USA
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 21:36:35 pm »
Hey.  I think that if you feed her at 3 it is ok, she will eventually drop that feeding and sleep on thru when she is ready.  One waking between 12 am and 6 or 7 am is great.  She will drop it when she is ready.  You are doing great.   :D
Lynne

Offline shasha

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2005, 13:10:16 pm »
thanks a lot. will go on and hope for her to one day decide to drot it as you said. i guess it is not bad to wake up once, it is my first baby so i dont have experience with how it goes. Sharon

Offline mamaof2

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2005, 13:31:49 pm »
When my LO wakes at 5-6am and is obviously ready for a feed, I feed him...sometimes he stays awake afterwards, like the 7am feed and I try to just carry on for the rest of the day.  But most times he goes right back to sleep and then I just wait for him to wake usually around 8am and feed him then and go from there and am thankful for the extra hour of sleep :D Not sure if this is the "right" thing to do but it works for us.  I find we usually get back on track throughout the day, as sometimes he's ready 15-30 minutes sooner than 3 hours...as I try to go by his cues not the clock.

Just do what feels right for you and what works best for you...don't worry too much about the clock just keep the the routine going.

Offline LindseysMom

• Showing Appreciation 9
  • Lincolnton, NC, USA
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2005, 13:35:36 pm »
If she is still waking up once at 6 months then you may want to intervene because usually by that time babies are big enough that they should not need to wake up at night to eat anymore.  They still may wake at night but it should not be due to hunger usually unless they are hitting their 6 month growth spurt.  Your dd is still so young and sometimes it takes them a little while longer before they can sleep through the night longer than 6-8 hours.
Lynne