Author Topic: short naps  (Read 1519 times)

Offline lizzie27

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
short naps
« on: August 07, 2005, 10:28:46 am »
Can someone please give some advice on naps. My 11 week old Evie was great at taking naps (anywhere and everywhere) but since I have started taking her to her room, she will only sleep for between 10 and 40 minutes. She is constantly tired and this having a knock on effect on her night time sleeps. She woke up 3 times last night. Before she was sleeping throught the night. :?

Offline Matthew's Mommy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 22
short naps
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 19:21:53 pm »
How was he falling asleep before?  Could you also describe his wind down routine?

Just need a bit more information..
Jane
Whispering since 2001
Matthew July 27th, 2001
Brendan October 21st, 2004

Offline lizzie27

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
short naps
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 19:35:30 pm »
I didn't really have one to be honest! She would yawn a bit, have a bit of a shout and then dose of.  She generally fell asleep in my arms then she would not wake up when I put her down. I have only been given the BW book in the past week or so, so I didn't really have her on a routine. She just slept when she wanted and where. I started putting her in her own room this week and trying to get her to sleep in her cot. At first she would scream, but after a couple of days on the pick up/put down, she stopped crying but would be wide awake the minute I put her in her cot. I have tried darkening her room, keeping it quiet, shh and pat. I hope this helps.