Author Topic: Jan/Feb 05 Babies chat!  (Read 97668 times)

Offline Kinlagh's Folks

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • Toronto, Canada (I'm back baby!)
Jan/Feb 05 Babies chat!
« Reply #120 on: August 16, 2005, 16:24:50 pm »
My turn for pics.  Here are a couple of views of Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.  The good, the bad and the ugly!!!
Michelle

Proud mommy to Kinlagh Emilie
Born 19/01/2005

Offline Schae

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Jan/Feb 05 Babies chat!
« Reply #121 on: August 16, 2005, 16:26:34 pm »
Quote from: Kinlagh's Folks
How do you keep Luka's breakouts under control?

I'm careful with the soaps I use on him and on his clothes. They've got rooibos products here that really help. And he hasn't had a breakout in ages.
And you for Kinlagh? lovely name by the way. :D
Proud mama to
Luka 22 Feb 2010 Textbook/Spirited
Tiisetso 18 Sep 2010 Textbook/Touchy
and three little angels

Offline Kinlagh's Folks

• Showing Appreciation 7
Jan/Feb 05 Babies chat!
« Reply #122 on: August 16, 2005, 17:21:25 pm »
We too are careful about anything scented.  We use unscented EVERYTHING for her and for us.  She has a massage twice a day of eucerin creams, and we use 1% hydrocortisone on the breakouts when they happen.  She's fighting a little breakout on her chest and back the last couple of days.  But it's so much better than 3 months ago.
Michelle

Born 19/01/2005

Offline julieb

• Showing Appreciation 17
  • I think I need a bigger pool.
Jan/Feb 05 Babies chat!
« Reply #123 on: August 16, 2005, 17:51:17 pm »
Asher had a much better night last night, though the pessimist in me says it's a fluke.  He MUST be sick or something.  The excess spit up just continues and so does his scratchy voice.  He's acted extra sleepy yesterday and today.  And he's been cranky & fussy for over a week!  But there are no REAL sick symtoms I can grab on to.  So I don't know!   :roll:   

He went down last night and played for a half hour or so, I had to go in and resettle twice.  But then we didn't hear from him from 7:50-2:40!  Woo hoo!  :D   Usually there's AT LEAST one cry out (where he resettles himself) and often another cry out where I have to go in and resettle him.  Then he usually wakes to eat 1-2 AM, so sleeping until 2:40 AM was a real treat for me!   :lol:   Then I did wake-to-sleep at 5:10 AM and he slept through!!  Woo hoo again!  :D   We heard him wake at 6:50 and play quietly in his crib until I got him up at 7:00.  YAY!  :D  :D  :D

Pears are also going better.  He eats a few more bites every day.  I think he ate a whopping 1 & 1/2 teaspoons this morning!  :lol:
Julie
DS 1/31/05 (spirited/textbook but a touchy sleeper)
DD 10/15/10 (textbook/angel/spirited)

Offline HeatherC

• Showing Appreciation 79
Jan/Feb 05 Babies chat!
« Reply #124 on: August 16, 2005, 18:26:03 pm »
Here's a pic of Knoxville with a view of the Univeristy of Tennessee (some of it), and the Tennessee River.
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline Kinlagh's Folks

• Showing Appreciation 7
Jan/Feb 05 Babies chat!
« Reply #125 on: August 16, 2005, 18:45:30 pm »
Heather  - Knoxville's waterfront looks a little like Halifax with the 2 bridges and all.  Very nice!

Kinlagh insisted she add her two cents.  I guess baby knows best right?!?   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

v
 f bdcfddddddddddddddddddddddddd        bng     

Thanks for letting her play.  Any other lo's have something to say??
Michelle

Born 19/01/2005

Offline GG

• Showing Appreciation 103
  • Chicagoland, IL
Jan/Feb 05 Babies chat!
« Reply #126 on: August 16, 2005, 18:58:57 pm »
*LOL*   Here's Foti: 

djs,vku  xekwz xxx xq2wy6 hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmjgmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmkk  gvvvvvv

There were a lot of ALT's and Ctrl's included in there as well.  ;-)
Georgia, mom to 3 sweet babes: touchy Foti, spirited Lena & not-so-tiny Joanna

Offline Schae

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Jan/Feb 05 Babies chat!
« Reply #127 on: August 16, 2005, 19:38:00 pm »
Luka's fast asleep.  it's 9.30pm here :lol:
i'm sure he'll add his contribution tomorrow :lol:
Proud mama to
Luka 22 Feb 2010 Textbook/Spirited
Tiisetso 18 Sep 2010 Textbook/Touchy
and three little angels

Offline herbst99

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Jan/Feb 05 Babies chat!
« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2005, 19:45:24 pm »
Quote from: Kinlagh's Folks
My turn for pics.  Here are a couple of views of Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.  The good, the bad and the ugly!!!

Ooh I miss Canada winters!! (canadians are probably going WHAT!!!!) We worked in Manitoba, Alberta and BC for around 3.5 years. Came back to SA as whe did not want to raise our children away from family and a sense of belonging. but seeing all that snow. I am soooo sad we did not get to Nova Scotia - met someone from there though - very nice guy.

Anyway ... Lise was still messing up her nap times and mommy's need for a FIXED SCHEDULE. Yes I know I have to be a little flexable but my personality struggles to cope. I have no choice in the matter it seems. :roll:

Hopefully we will have no more night wakings where I have to go and resettle her - I am wondering about teeth as she suddenly started giving these "pain cries" at night and also once today during a nap ... tonight I had to go and resettle. Is this teeth or maybe just a nightmare? This guessing game! :D

Again time for DF so goodnight and keep those pics coming. GREAT IDEA by the way
Nikki - Mom of Lise and Cara

Offline branwen

• Showing Appreciation 21
Jan/Feb 05 Babies chat!
« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2005, 21:21:57 pm »
Hi everyone-

Thank you JulieB for the calendula cream.  That was you right?!  It has worked miracles on Eirwen's skin (mine too :wink:)!  I have also started using the California Baby products on her (all natural) and it is so much better.

I too love the photos.  I will post some of Colorado from our recent trip.  Even though I live out in Massachusetts the West is home :) The city is Denver, CO and the mountains are where I grew up (2 hrs northwest).

Eirwen didn't sleep through construction so well today.  We are having breastfeeding issues.  3 min feeds, not hungry, super hungry.  It seems to be all over, and then she gorges herself on solids and I feel like I am accidently weaning. So stressed.  She even burst into tears when I tried to offer the second breast.  Feed times have gotten a little hairy around here.  I feel very on edge and frustrated with this.  Her 3.5 hr schedule is shrinking to 3 but I feel this is because her naps are getting shorter (1.5 instead of 2), so I have to do something.  I keep saying this I know :roll: But every time I put my foot down (in my mind) to extend her awake time no matter what she gets sooo tired and is so clear about wanting a nap....

JulieB
- glad pears are going better. Eirwen only likes pears mixed in oatmeal but loves apples.  we tried carrots today :D

Michelle- I too feel so nervous about night wakings and teething...I just keep telling myself it will be ok.

Deborah- you sound like you're going through a rough time.  Keep us posted. 

Head is spinning, dh just walked in the door, but here is your CO picture!
Branwen
Mama to Eirwen 1/22/05

Offline julieb

Jan/Feb 05 Babies chat!
« Reply #130 on: August 16, 2005, 21:59:40 pm »
Branwen: So glad the calendula cream is helping!  I should buy stock in Boiren!   :lol:   The people at the natural foods store think I'm funny because the only things I ever buy there is the calendula gel and teething tablets -- especially when I catch it on sale, I load up!   :wink:

Where/when are you moving?  Back to CO?  Me & my DH pondered Denver a lot (got the idea from http://www.findyourspot.com ), but once we got pregnant, we knew we'd never be able to leave Arizona since 95% of our family is here.  We joke about buying our future summer home there though!  :wink:

I wonder if Eirwen is teething!  They often have a hard time nursing because of the pain.  Can you give Motrin/Tylenol/teething tablets/etc to her 30 min before nursing?  Asher seemed to nurse less while cutting the teeth.  I pretty much feed him every 2 hours now though, in place of what will become solids soon, I hope!  His awake time has extended to 2.5 hours, but he'll wake early and hungry from his nap.  So I have to feed him again before in order to get him to still nap 2+ hours.  He's really wanting to drop that last catnap -- which is so hard since we don't have good solids going yet.

Oh, on extending the awake time, Asher was often showing his tired cues 30 minutes before nap time.  But I knew if I put him down then, I'd only get 45 min out of him.  So I extended his awake time, but ended up holding him or playing directly with him those last 30 minutes, just to get that extra time.  Eventually he got used to the extra time, the naps got shorter again, so I extended another 15 minutes.  Same thing happened, I had to start holding him during that last bit to get him through it, but he got used to it and the naps got better again.  HTH!

BTW, I've been meaning to ask, where do yours and Eirwen's names come from?  How are they pronounced?  They are so beautiful and unique!
Julie

Offline Kinlagh's Folks

• Showing Appreciation 7
Jan/Feb 05 Babies chat!
« Reply #131 on: August 16, 2005, 22:50:23 pm »
Branwen (and JulieB) - What's the calendula cream for?  I'm obsessed with different types of creams now that we're battling eczema with dd.  Did Eirwen have skin issues? 
How did carrots go?  Did she like them?  We found that the messiest veggie so far.  Stains her clothes, table, face and even her bum.  Super cute though!! :D  :D

JulieB: 
Quote (selected)
BTW, I've been meaning to ask, where do yours and Eirwen's names come from? How are they pronounced? They are so beautiful and unique!
  I've been wondering the same thing...do tell Branwen.

Nikki - Guaranteed Canadians (including me) are wondering what the heck you're talking about.  You miss our winters?  You can have 'em!!!   I'll trade it for ummm, Sydney winters where you can still wear t-shirts and sunglasses (right Debra?)
Michelle

Born 19/01/2005

Offline julieb

Jan/Feb 05 Babies chat!
« Reply #132 on: August 16, 2005, 23:25:23 pm »
Michelle (and others with eczema issues): Calendula gel/ointment/lotion/cream (I use the Boiron brand) is a homeopathic remedy used for healing various skin things from sunburns to cuts to cradle cap to diaper rash to eczema.  I use the gel for Asher's diaper rash -- better than ANYTHING out there!  I use it daily to keep it away since his bum is so sensitive down there.  I used the lotion to clear up his cradle cap when he was a couple months old.  A couple people on this thread decided to try the cream for their LO's eczema and so far have had good results!  Maybe give it a try yourself, you can pick it up at most natural/whole food stores.   :D
Julie

Offline thitz

• Showing Appreciation 13
  • Emily and Elliot
Jan/Feb 05 Babies chat!
« Reply #133 on: August 16, 2005, 23:47:40 pm »
Hi Everyone, we had our 6 month check up today.  Emily weighs 17.5 lbs and doc says is very healthy :lol:  :lol: .  She also gave us a referal to a dermatologist for her eczema.  I'll let you know how that goes. 

Any ideas about tweaking our routine :?:   Lately Emily is on about 3.5 hr cycle and has been having a 1.5-2hr morning nap at 8:30 but then 2 catnaps in the afternoon and is a crankball :x  for the rest of the day (also teething).  I end up carrying her around for the last 15mins of every A time.  And she's completly wiped and ready for bed by 6:00pm.  My dh ended up going in about 5 times between 11:00 and 2:00 last night and then she slept till 6:30am.  (We have an arrangement where he does night wakings between 10:00 and 2:00 and then I do it till morning.)

What does everyone do during A time?  I think I need more activities to keep her interested.

Also I think she's going thru a growth spurt because she's finished all of her bottles for the last two days.  I'm trying to ramp up the solids but even though she likes it, it most ends up on her bib.  Everytime I put a spoonful in she pops her thumb in her mouth to suck it down. :lol:

Michelle, I also started using the calendula cream for Emily's eczema (on Julie's advice) and found it has stopped the eczema from getting worse, where it was getting worse every day when I stopped using the cortisone cream.  I think the gel might be better but I can't find a health store that has it.  Also I bought the Rooibus red bush tea but haven't used it yet.

Leaving on a positive note, I think all our babies are getting cuter every day :)  :)  Here's some pictures, the first is my veggy garden that I planted in about 2 mins during Emily's naps and is doing really well and us boating with our dog Angel.

Offline thitz

• Showing Appreciation 13
  • Emily and Elliot
Jan/Feb 05 Babies chat!
« Reply #134 on: August 17, 2005, 00:34:45 am »
Debra, I keep forgetting to ask.  I know you mentioned that your dd2 spends 1.5 hours in her cot even if she naps or not.  How do you keep her happily in the cot if she wakes up early?  Thanks Tarri