Author Topic: We seem to be regressing...  (Read 1444 times)

Offline heather10

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
We seem to be regressing...
« on: August 08, 2005, 15:11:05 pm »
I have DS on 3 hour EASY and have for almost a month now.  He is 9 weeks today. He is a textbook baby and may have some aspects of touchy though I am not sure. 

He goes to sleep by himself if I catch him in his window.  We worked on that and how I lay him down and leave.  Phew! 

We seem to have regressed in terms of nap length though and night feeds.

With the naps, he used to be up for 45 mins and then sleep the remaining two hours until his next feed.  Now, for the past few days he has been sleeping only 1.5 hours and then waking.  This leaves me puzzled because it is too early for him to eat, it is 45-60 mins before his next meal and he can only stay awake 45 mins or so before getting overtired.  So, to avoid him getting cranky if I wait until the proper feed time, I've been feeding him when he wakes.  Is this starting a habit where he now wants to eat every 2-2.5 hours because this is happening more and more.

We also seem to be going backwards for night waking.  My son has been getting the DF for a month between 10 and 11pm.  He goes to bed between 7-8 depending on how his day has progressed schedule-wise, and then the DF at 10-11.  For a while this would hold him until 3-4, but then slowly a habitual wake developed at 2:45 for about a week, which then turned into 1:45 for a couple of nights.  In those cases, I have been giving him a paci and returning to bed.  He will then wake an hour later and I feed him.  I prefer he eat closer to 3 since that means likely only one night feed and not two. 

Well last night, he woke at the 1:15am after getting a DF at 11 - why would he be hungry that soon after getting a huge 5 oz feed?  I EBF but we bottle feed the DF to keep him in his crib asleep.  So we fed at 1:30 and the he woke again at 5:30.   He is easy to get back to bed at night.

So this morning, again, he napped for an hour only. Woke up and there was still another hour before his meal. So, I fed him because again if I wait, he will get overtired...

What do I do to ensure longer naps?

How can I get him to last longer before night waking? 

and yet if I let him get up,
Baby boy - Adam Sean - born June 6, 2005

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 188
We seem to be regressing...
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 19:18:11 pm »
Hi Heather - are you still having trouble with this?
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha