Author Topic: Miracle Blanket  (Read 1566 times)

Offline megbrunskill

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 08, 2005, 15:38:57 pm »
I have heard really good things about these blankets and I was just wondering if anyone here had any experience with them. I was also wondering if anyone tried using them to extend 45 minute naps successfully.
My 8 week old dd manages to wriggle her way out of any swaddle we try. She is very long. I tried the Aussie swaddle but she still hits herself in the head with that one.
Thanks,
Megen and Selah

Offline sunnysideup850

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 16:25:54 pm »
DS has been in the Miracle Blanket since 6 weeks old.  He's 6 months now.  He loves it.  In fact he only does 45 minute naps when he's dropping a nap or when I get adventuresome and try to loosen the blanket or leave one arm out in the name of weaning.  He's been in it at night too until a few weeks ago when we weaned him.  He sleeps through the night and still does even though he's no longer swaddled.  I don't know why he still needs it for naps, but he does so we're going to keep using it for now.

I would recommend that you give it a try.  DS is a 1.5-2.5 hour napper when he's in the blanket.

Offline Tammy: Ethan & Kaden's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 18:01:48 pm »
My ds has used the miracle blanket since about 2 months old.  He would get out of every swaddle we tried.  So, we stopped swaddling, because I was afraid of him getting the blanket over his face.  He was waking like clockwork at night every 3 hours.  I ordered the miracle blanket, and I'm not joking, the first night I used it, he slept the entire night.  I mean, from around 10 pm to about 6 am.  I thought it was a miracle!   :D

Now, we still use it (although it's getting much too small), although I do leave an arm out for him to suck his thumb.  He's also gotten proficient at rolling over, and when he does that the other arm comes out.  But he falls asleep with both arms out on his tummy, and his body and feet are still in the blanket. 

I would definitely get one!  In fact, I asked my MIL if she could "copy" the one I have, only make it a bit bigger!   :lol:

Good luck!

Offline sarag

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
miracle blanket
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 20:50:49 pm »
what is it and where do you get it?  i need it today!

Offline Tammy: Ethan & Kaden's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 22:05:31 pm »
I don't know if you can get them anywhere else, but I ordered mine directly from http://www.miracleblanket.com/.  It came within a couple of days!   :D