SLEEP > General Sleep Issues

Yet another desperate plea....

(1/2) > >>

Laura~Cooper's Mom:
I posted on the Getting Back on Track boards....can someone help?  In a nutshell....Cooper was sleep trained 6 months and did well for 3 months.  Then came teeth, vacation etc and here we are back in the same boat.  He starts out in his crib but ends up in our bed sometime in the night.  Currently he is sick and cutting his top teeth....all white and one corner of both is through but now we seemt o have stalled there, and we just returned home from a week away.  I am so desperate to regain my night time life with my dh.  WE need to get back to being husband and wife and not just parents.  I need help.  Should I do pd only?  He falls asleep well with a few pats on his back but can't seem to settle himself later in the sleep cycle.  It usually occurs 3 hours to 5 hours later.  He still naps twice a day with no issues and sleeps at least 2 1/2 hours per day for the naps.  What do you think is going on??HELP

Mum to Ella Rose:
My vote is to keep doing the back pats when he wakes overnight and pu/pd if necessary. I think with a bit more time and some consistency it should iron itself out in time. Dd would wake a great deal at night when she cut her first two teeth (after being a good sleeper) but still nap well. Oddly enough with her second two it was (is) the naps that are out the window. Maybe he's old enough as well to think "if I cry long enough I can sleep with mum and dad" ?
I think it's probably just been a great deal of change/pain, etc. and he needs some "re-entry" time with the same "routine" over and over.

Hope that helps some... good luck and keep us posted!

Sharon

Laura~Cooper's Mom:
Suddenly the naps are out the window as well.  When it rains it pours.  I am going to try and be more consistent at night and force dh to as well.  It's time to reclaim the throne so to speak.  He has been so sick, so confused and so tired that something has got to give.

Thanks!  I'll keep you posted.

Mum to Ella Rose:
Aaawww....poor guy! Do keep us posted and good luck!  :D

Oh and just for the record dd's top teeth are finally in and we seem (knock on wood) to be getting back on track though it's taken a good solid week and a half! Though we also went through a schedule change...

Sharon

Laura~Cooper's Mom:
Are we living the same life Sharon?????  We are going through a schedule change as well.  Can I ask what is happening with you and Ella?
Cooper has decided he needs only one nap???  HELP

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version