Poll

how many hours of night sleep does your lo get?

9 or less
0 (0%)
4 (26.7%)
9 (60%)
12 or more
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: August 08, 2005, 22:20:07 pm

Author Topic: how many hours of night sleep does your lo get?  (Read 1672 times)

Gigismom

« on: August 08, 2005, 22:20:07 pm »
my dd is 8 months and only gets 10 hours of night sleep.  no matter when we put her to bed, she wakes up 10 hours later ready to go.  we cannot get her to sleep any longer.  so we have been putting her to bed at 8 pm and she is waking at about 6 am.  she gets about 3 hours of napping during the day for a total of 13 hours daily.  this seems low, so i am wondering how long all the other lo's are sleeping.  is 11.5 hours like tracy suggests unrealistic?

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 275
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 23:24:43 pm »
Hi Lindsey,

Dd does 11 1/2 hours like clockwork but with that we're having trouble fitting in enough nap time with the awake time she seems to need. Our latest thing is we're going to try and tweak her routine so it's more along the lines of a one year old. It seems strange to me to take away a half hour at night when she's supposed to be moving to 11 1/2 hours by 12 months... I dunno, it's confusing isn't it?? I guess the key is if they're happy when awake that is what works for you best...  :)

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

Offline thodder

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 02:05:06 am »
My Joshua has been pretty consistent.  He's 3 months old. First time he slept through the night he was two months - I was so freaked out when he slept for 6 hours straight (checked on him every 30 minutes... didn't sleep much that night).  Since then, every 2 weeks or so, he adds another hour to his sleep.  Right now he's just started sleeping 9:30pm-7am, wakes up for a quick feed and then goes back to sleep again until 8:30 when he starts the day.  I know, it's odd for a three month old to go that long at night, but he's happy, eating well and napping well, so I'm not going to intervene.  :-)

Theressa
--------
Theressa Hodder
Mom of Joshua, Spirited baby
Born May 6, 2005

Offline Izzy-B's mommy

• Showing Appreciation 31
    • http://www.thinline.ca
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 02:25:34 am »
Hi Lindsey;  At 8 months old Isabella was sleeping her 12 hour nights, and now that she's almost a year she's sleeping between 11-12hours. 
I don't think 10 hours is all that bad at all... I have friends with lo's who are older than your's and waking up every 2-3 hours still... 
I think some babies just need extra sleep and other's are good to go on afew hours less...   Just my opinion though...I'm no sleep expert.. :wink:

Offline Stacie:Emma&Josh Mom

• Showing Appreciation 11
  • USA/Texas/Austin
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 02:31:46 am »
At that age, my dd was doing similar to yours.  As she got a bit older, she started sleeping later and later.  She's now doing about 11 1/2 hrs at night with a 2-2 1/2 hr nap.  Hopefully that happens for you too!