Author Topic: Is it time to drop the df?  (Read 1072 times)

Offline Jadynsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Is it time to drop the df?
« on: August 12, 2005, 16:58:04 pm »
Ok.  I have been dreading this day for a while now.  My 7.5 lo is pretty healthy and has been sleeping through the night (except for ocassional nightwakings due to teething) 7:45pm - 7 or 7:30am, and is nursing very quickly (I don't know how much she's taking).  She bf 4times and then the df.  Her solids has been not so good, esp during the teething times (seems like it's going on forever :roll: ).  So the last 3nites she's waking up at her usual time (7 or 7:30am) with poo all over her diaper.  This doesn't seem to bother her and I usually can't smell it til I go to change her.

I've thought about dropping her df for about a week now and since she's pooed overnight, I'm thinking I definitely need to drop it.  She has good poo during the day as well and can't figure out why she's all of a sudden doing it at night.  Is this the df or am I giving her too much solids for her dinner?  I do nurse her right before her bedtime at 7:45pm.  I know Tracy recommends dropping the df at 7mos IF she eating solids well, which she's not; and I do enjoy that cuddletime we have, even though she's asleep.  :wink:  Can someone help?  Thanks,

Kathy

Offline SandyGal

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 19:02:43 pm »
Give it a try. You may find that she ups her appetite during the day if you cut out the dreamfeed and that might make the solids do better. Give it a few days/nights and see how she reacts. You said she sleeps through the night and it sounds like she is a BW baby, so she gets to sleep independently? She will probably sleep right through without a problem. Remember that solids take practice. Just keep offering and she'll get the hang of it  :wink:

Keep us posted!
Sandy-Mom to Kyra (1-7-04) and Kylan (9-20-05)