Author Topic: DreamFeed Question  (Read 1461 times)

Offline cwolff

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
DreamFeed Question
« on: August 09, 2005, 04:18:22 am »
I tried unsuccessfully to do the dreamfeed on dd.  She will start to take the bottle but falls asleep after only 2-3 ounces.  Even if it's been 4-5 hours since she last ate.  I tried doing it at 10, then, 10:30, then 11.  Finally I've kind of given up.  She will wake around midnight, but BW book says that's too late to give a dreamfeed.  She will also wake at least once more during the night to eat.  I am so jealous of moms that have babies that sleep long stretches.  Mine will only sleep max of 4 hours at a time.  I know she's hungry at her wake times because she won't fall back to sleep on the paci.  And I try to feed her 6oz every 3-3 1/2 hours during the day, but she usually only eats between 4 and 5.  I don't cluster feed her either at night because she just won't take it.  So I don't know if I just have to wait it out, or what.   She's 12 weeks and almost 12 pounds.  I'm wondering if the paci has something to do with her not sleeping for long stretches.  Just another reason to hate it.  Anyone have any ideas of what to do?

Offline Critter

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
DreamFeed Question
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 23:25:23 pm »
My ds is 8 weeks old and I do not do cluster or dream feed b/c he doesn't tolerate it.  My only suggestion is try to stretch out her day feedings to 4 hours or more.  DS takes 5 oz every 4 hours (sometimes longer) and at night he's able to go longer (usually) but still doesn't sleep through the night.  DH has been pulling night duty the last two nights, but tonight I am going to not take any Benadryl (and just suffer with the allergies) to see if just giving him his paci will work.

I don't hate the paci.  I think it serves a definite purpose, as long as it's not in his mouth all day.  Ours gets it only at nap/bed time

hope it helps to know you're not in the same boat!
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline cwolff

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
DreamFeed Question
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 02:18:48 am »
It does, but if she didn't wake up when it fell out I'd be fine with the paci.  I think I'll just wait for her to wake up on her own and see if that helps her night sleep.  Thanks.