Author Topic: Snacking at night-time  (Read 1158 times)

Offline Sean's mam

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 09, 2005, 10:02:45 am »
Sean  is 8 weeks old and has been on EASY since the start. As background, he was 6lb 4 oz at birth and is now 13lbs 8 oz.  We're using a mixture of breast and bottle feeding and it's going well. In the last week he's started to sleep through from 11pm to 4 or 5 am which is great. 

The problem is that he seems to snack at both this and the next feed.  By this I mean:

he wakes at 5, spends only 10 minutes on the breast and falls asleep.  I've tried everything to wake him up to get him to take more but he's not interested

He then wakes up again at 7-7.30 am  looking for food.  However he only takes about 1 oz and then goes back to sleep waking at 9.30 for his next feed.

For the rest of the day he's fine and doesn't snack like he does at these two feeds.  We've tried Tracey's suggestion of getting him to go back to sleep with a pacifier but this hasn't worked.  Any suggestions?

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Snacking at night-time
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 10:45:53 am »
My ds does things like that then in a week or so it changes, if he won't go off with a paci & needs the feed, he probably needs the feed. At his age it is normal to want at least 2 night time feeds & you are getting at least 5 hours which is  considered "sleeping through for a baby... It should get better
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05