Author Topic: wind down routine  (Read 1173 times)

Offline holden'smommy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 09, 2005, 17:29:29 pm »
I need some advice on a wind down routine for my six month old (textbook/touchy) baby.  I am also wondering how long to wind down for?  It seems naps take less time for him then bedtime.  I spend time with him in his quiet dark room and when I put him in the crib, he thinks it's time to play with his feet and the bars.  I look forward to advice anyone can offer.

Offline jayne

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 18:15:27 pm »
what ever you choose to do you need to be consistant..

this is what i do and sometimes it takes longer depending on how wound up gina is when i put her to bed...

i sit with her dark room -fan on- in the rocking chair with her  and we sit and i pat her back or her butt and when she sits up i gently have her lie back on me and i  say "its night night time " i do kiss her head and rub her back some---sometimes if she is really fidgety i will massage her legs so she can settle in...

then  when she is getting drowsy i will place her in her crib with her paci and her taggie (small blanket) i dont say anything and i walk out (i wish i could give her big kisses and say goodnight ) if i say anything she starts to cry.. and i close the door..
jayne

dd#1  05-14-2001
dd#2  08-06-2004