Author Topic: 7 1/2 month rejecting savoury solids  (Read 1132 times)

Offline Chantelle Flynn

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 09, 2005, 18:11:58 pm »
I'm having real problems getting my 7 1/2 month old girl to eat savoury solids. I started weaning when she was nearly 5 months and she lapped it up, carrot, squash, sweet potato, all manner of things. Then a couple of weeks later, she was quite sick one evening, since then no savoury has passed her lips, we manage to get her to take fruit and rice pudding, cereal, but they are all relatively sweet. Now we are worried that not only is she not getting enough nutrition but also she has learned to reject savoury as she will get sweet as a substitute. She has also stopped drinking both Fruit juice and water which is another cause for  concern. There are no signs of teeth appearing yet, so we don't think it could be that. Help!

Offline Fiona (Leah & Kians Mom)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
7 1/2 month rejecting savoury solids
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 18:27:11 pm »
Ok this sounds disgusting by how about adding veg to the fruit. I did it with my dd when she went through a phase like this, she had butternut squash and mango  :mrgreen:  and then I think carrott and pear, to be honest the phase didn't last too long and I reintroduced all the sweet veg pretty quickly and then back to the brocoli, aspargus etc. When she refused to eat chicken after endless tries I mixed it with all the sweet veg, apricot and finally added a dash of yogurt, took 3 days of this and then started to eat it normally with veg. A lot of babies seem to go through this stage at that age too.
Fiona