Author Topic: Semolina  (Read 2770 times)

Offline Fiona (Leah & Kians Mom)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
Semolina
« on: August 09, 2005, 18:19:05 pm »
Hi there,
I am looking for an alternative to redy brek for breakfast as dd wont have weetabix or porridge and somebody suggested semolina. Both the receipies I have require it to be cooked in milk but then it becomes really lumpy, and we dont do lumps  :oops:  However if I make it with cold milk its fine and dd eats all her food cold anyway, my question is does anybody know if its ok to make it cold? Will it be digestable? I plan to mix it with fruit puree.
Many Thanks
Fiona

Offline galaxie81

• Showing Appreciation 14
Semolina
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 10:31:24 am »
From what I understand it is a hot breakfast cereal and all the recipes I have seen with it in says to heat it  :?  mmmmmm interesting one.  I don't have children so I don't know but that is what I have gathered from websites and my recipe books.  Sorry I can't be more helpful  :D

Offline Fiona (Leah & Kians Mom)

• Showing Appreciation 84
Semolina
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 10:51:05 am »
Hi Galaxie,
Well I tried it a few times, made with hot milk and let it go cold and mixed with fruit puree, didnt go down well  :oops:  so it's sitting in the cupboard along with the weetabix  :lol:  Guess we will be sticking with ready brek for a while. Thanks anyway,
Fiona

PS Galaxie, hope you dont mind me saying but you look soooo like a friend of mine, it's uncanny, and I love your avtar, you and dp look so happy  :D

Offline galaxie81

• Showing Appreciation 14
Semolina
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 12:00:21 pm »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  We all have a twin or maybe triplets out there somewhere in this big wide world.  Also thank you for the compliment about DP, he has his moments like a child and isn't always happy  :lol:

This is a recipe I have in a book for babies and toddlers  :D

3 teaspoons semolina
1/3 cup cooled boiled water
1/3 cup apple juice

Combine all ingredients in small pan; simmer, uncovered, about 2 minutes or until thickened slightly.

Makes 2/3 cup
Storage: Covered, in refridgerator, up to 2 days.

Maybe you can try it cold, it's probably like pizza fantastic hot but even better the next day cold  :D  :D

Offline ~*~Janelle~*~

• Showing Appreciation 57
  • I'm Soooo Blessed!
    • Troyer Family Home Page
Semolina
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 21:13:35 pm »
I have a hand blender that has a little attachment where I can puree things.  I've always used that for cereals or other foods that are lumpy.  It also works great for pureeing meat and other things you want to "hide" in their food!
The Mommy Formerly Known As Savannah&Abby&Luke's Mommy
Blessed beyond belief mommy to 8 precious gifts from God