Author Topic: Need Night Waking advice  (Read 1488 times)

Offline kal

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 10, 2005, 12:23:37 pm »
DS is 5 months old and  was sleeping through the night but now wakes a few times a night but we can usually settle him down quickly with his binky and patting and he'll go back to sleep. Well this week he's decided to wake up every night at around 4am crying and won't go back to sleep, I've tried feeding him (I normally don't overnight) rocking him and putting him in the swing and nothing works. It seems to be the same time every night so far. Any ideas what it could be? Any suggestion on how to get him back to sleep??? Does anyone think a DF would help or is it to late to start that now? He eats about 32oz of formula a day plus cereal 2 times. His last feed is at 7pm. TIA

Offline rachelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Oregon/USA
    • my blog
Need Night Waking advice
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 13:29:46 pm »
Sounds like it's probably developmental, but it might have turned into a habit since it's at the same time.  Have you heard of wake-to-sleep?

I would suggest a couple of things. First of all, don't rush in unless he is crying.  If he is just talking or fussing, try to let him settle himself.  By rushing in, you could be enforcing the waking.

Second, have you tried swaddling?  It was a lifesaver for us at this age.
Rachelle
Mommy to
Kiandra Diane 6-11-03
Kalli Louise 9-20-04
And Kiersten Angeline 4-25-06