Author Topic: I DON`T SLEEP!!!  (Read 1068 times)

Offline PATPINBRAZ

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 10, 2005, 14:05:26 pm »
Hello!
My name is Patrícia, i`m from Portugal and i have two twin boys of 10 months old.
Usually, they fall asleep around 21.30 on my and my husband lap.
A month ago they started giving us bad nights, they wake up around 5/6 times a night and we`re becoming so tired that i only cry.
They wake up in the night, and when i arrive their room (they sleep in their own room), they are already standing up in the bed.
Then we have to pick them up, otherwise they dont stop crying. . .
Ì`ve seen on the odissey channel programs from Tracy, and i`m wondering if you can help me.
Thank you so much
Patrícia

Gigismom

I DON`T SLEEP!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 18:29:24 pm »
hi patricia
i am sorry you are having such a bad time.  it must be so hard with twins.  do you have tracy's new book?  it is very good and i think it will really help you.  from what you wrote, i think there are 2 main reasons they are waking so much at night. 
1.  they are going to bed too late, so they are overtired when they finally fall asleep.  they should be going to bed at 19:00.
2.  they do not fall asleep independently.  they need to learn to fall asleep in their own beds, not on your laps.  if they learn to put themselves to sleep at the beginning of the night, they will learn to put themselves back to sleep when they wake up in the middle of the night and not rely on you to do it for them.
tracy's book has many suggestions that will tell you how to do these things.  the twins will probably protest and cry because they are older now and will resist the change.  but it will be better for them and for you in the long run.  good luck!