Author Topic: Anyone's DC have probs with you drinking milk?  (Read 1801 times)

Offline mstormin

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Anyone's DC have probs with you drinking milk?
« on: August 10, 2005, 17:40:55 pm »
I've been trying to watch my diet b/c Patrick is VERY fussy at the breast-- he pulls away and cries (at different points during the feeding so I don't think it's the flow). 
I wonder if it's dairy-- has anyone else had this?
Any other ideas of what it could be?

Thanks!

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 18:00:37 pm »
Usually pulling away at the breast means something different. "I'm not hungry, just sleepy" or "the flow is too fast/too slow" or "I have a burp/tummyache/reflux" etc.

The normal signs for a baby being upset by something *in* your milk are excessive gas, excema or diaper rash, blood or mucus in the bowel movement.

Good luck figuring it out!
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

Offline Onewoman

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 12:30:08 pm »
I agree with gracekellysmum, as I have baby who is intolerant to the protein in dairy products. She would cry when she farts or poops and be very, very windy which would cause a lot of discomfort.

As I have had to eliminate lots of things from my diet and have become hypersensitive to watching what I eat  :roll: I have noticed one thing recently which may be of use;
if I eat tomatoes or anything with a tomatoey sauce like beans or bolognese she gets reflux and doesn't want to eat very much as it must be too acidy for her tummy. She does cottage cheese sick ups after feeding too. The majority of her pulling on and off though has been cured by feeding her less often.

Just a thought  :D
Susana xx
Mum to Ruby Rose (Spirited, Touchy)
& Ella Joy 4/10/92 (Teenage and hormonal)

Offline Munro's

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2005, 12:16:05 pm »
My boy is lactose intolerant, but he has very good appetite:) only used to scream 40 min-1 hour after each feed, we checked his poops and it had more carbohydrates than normal. We take small dosage of lactase enzyme and my dear boy is very happy and smily.:) I agree with "burp/wind" idea, was the same at breast at the age of 1-2 month.
Tanya - mum to Aiden 29/03/05 Textbook