Author Topic: Need Help with When to Feed Solids  (Read 1294 times)

Offline jennbull

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Need Help with When to Feed Solids
« on: August 10, 2005, 18:01:06 pm »
Do you bf and then feed solids right after one another or do you bf and then wait a little before feeding solids.

For example, my baby is on a 4 hour easy.  So, do I feed the solids in between the bf times or at the same time?

Offline Kinlagh's Folks

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • Toronto, Canada (I'm back baby!)
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 18:05:03 pm »
I first tried feeding solids between her bottles but I found it really took up to much time in the day when she was on 3 meals per day.  So now we feed her solids about 20-30 minutes after her bottle so each complete meal is done in less than an hour from start of bottle to end of solids.  I know there are conflicting stories out there, but that's just what worked best for us.
Michelle

Proud mommy to Kinlagh Emilie
Born 19/01/2005

Offline mezzogirl

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 19:47:29 pm »
whatever works for you..with myds..he would not take solids unless they were given FIRST then he drained an 8 ounce bottle on top of that..he was and still is at 2 a big eater...however with my dd who is 5 mths old and triple birthweight, we had to start solids as she was taking over FORTY OUNCES in ONE DAY)..so, she likes her bottle FIRST (;7 or so ounces) then eats anywhere from 2-4 ounces of solids....go figure.....

each child is different. I can relate to you...it just doesn;t work with our family and my other child's needs to feed bottle then 2 hours later do solids.....i don't have enough hours in my day for that....so try a few things and do what is right for you guys.
"Delight thyself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart" Psalms 37: 4

Offline Leann

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 14:09:00 pm »
I agree...we do fine with breastfeeding and then solids right after that.  I was worried he would refuse the breastfeed and hold out for solids instead but we haven't had that problem.  If we did, I would probably have tried to do the solids at a separate time.
Asher Walter, 21 Feb 2005
mostly textbook with a tiny bit of touchy