Author Topic: When did your babies start sleeping good stretches  (Read 1272 times)

Offline cwolff

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
When did your babies start sleeping good stretches
« on: August 10, 2005, 22:54:52 pm »
My DD is still not sleeping more then 4 hours at a time, and she wakes up and sometimes just wants the pacifier and sometimes she's a little bit hungry.  I know the pacifier is the devil, and I have to get rid of it at some point, but I have talked to many people who's babies slept well even though they loved their paci's.  I'm afraid she isn't capable of sleeping that long, even though she will go 6 hours or more sometimes in between feedings.  So I know it's not that.  I am just curious to hear from mom's that aren't bragging about how fabulous their kids sleep, but complaining like me about that fact that they don't. :)

Offline thodder

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 23:24:05 pm »
4 hours at a stretch for a 2 month old isn't bad at all actually.  You are doing pretty well.  Some babies don't reach the 6 hours at a shot until sometime around 3 months or so.  A friend of mine had a baby that woke every 2 hours at night until he was 7 months old!!!  Now that has to make you feel better.  :)

Theressa
--------
Theressa Hodder
Mom of Joshua, Spirited baby
Born May 6, 2005

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 01:15:06 am »
jaina started going about 7-8 hours a night at 9 weeks; luke didn't start til 10 weeks.

i am very lucky  :D
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline Izzy-B's mommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 31
    • http://www.thinline.ca
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 01:46:24 am »
at 2 months Isabella was sleeping 8hr stretches and by 3mths she was sleeping 10 and by 4mths, 12hrs. 

I really wouldn't worry much about it.  My friends lo was waking every 2-3 hours up until she was 10months and then just started sleeping 10hours.