Author Topic: What's Going On - Need Ideas - Long  (Read 1398 times)

Offline sandraorion

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 93
  • Albuquerque, NM
What's Going On - Need Ideas - Long
« on: August 11, 2005, 12:00:47 pm »
It's been a while since I posted in sleep forum. Adrian has been doing really well. He's been going down for the night easily and waking up only if sick. Until this week that is....

On Sunday night, he had a short cry around 10pm and reseattled on his own. He woke up later around 1 am, not very upset and after about half an hour of occassional back rubbing he went back to sleep and slept through.

On Monday night, he had his short cry around 10 pm, reseattled on his own and slept through until morning.

Tuesday, woke up around 11:30pm. Very quickly escalated in full blown scream. He was just laying there (not trying to engage with you) and crying. Wasn't reacting to back rubs or voice or anything. After about half an hour of that we gave him a bottle, he had 5oz and went back to sleep.

Last night, he wakes up after first transition, around 8pm. At that point, I know he is not in pain, not hungry, not wet etc...Same deal as the night before, screaming and not engaging. It went on and on. After about an hour - hour and a half, he started showing interest in me being in the room and trying to stand up. After about an hour, I gave him some water (figuring he must be thrsty after all that crying).  Had couple of sips and continued crying. Put a teething gel, didn't do a thing. I picked him up and rocked him a bit. He calmed down and started showing sleepy signs. I put him down in the crib, he started screaming on the way. My husband comes in and says maybe he is in pain after all, let's give him some Motrin. As the surringe goes in, Adrian starts sucking on it! At that point it's close to 10 pm, and he was up close to 2 hours, I give him a bottle, he had another 4-5oz and he goes back to sleep. He was restles around 3am and 6 am but made it on his own.

He is a great mood during the day. That's why I didn't think it was the pain or teething causing the wake up. We did however, went from 4 bottles a day to 3 bottles a day last week.

Sorry, for the long post. But, does anyone have idea what is going on and what to do?

His general schedule is:
6-7am - up
7 am - breakfast
10 am - snack
11:30 am - lunch
12-12:45 - nap
1 pm - bottle
3 pm - snack
5 pm - dinner
7 pm - night routine, bottle, down for the night.
Sandra, mom to Adrian - July 30th, 2004 and Nina December 4th, 2007

Offline jayne

• Showing Appreciation 184
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 11:16:04 am »
your schedule looks good.. maybe give him back that fouth bottle or sippy cup..

how are his ears?? my first thought was ear infection-- when they lie down the fluid builds up and causes pain-- has he been sick at all???

has he started anything developmental like walking???sometimes my dd cant settle in so i will massage her legs
jayne

dd#1  05-14-2001
dd#2  08-06-2004

Offline sandraorion

• Showing Appreciation 93
  • Albuquerque, NM
What's Going On - Need Ideas - Long
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 13:12:24 pm »
He had his 12-month visit yesterday and the doctor thinks it was teething after all. She said he is working on three teeth right now and sometimes it only bugs him at night. She suggested giving him Mortin before going to bed. We did and he did sleep through last night.

I don't think there is anything going on developmentally. He's been walking for quite a while now. Language and working with a spoon are big things now, but I don't think that would keep him up.
Sandra, mom to Adrian - July 30th, 2004 and Nina December 4th, 2007