Author Topic: How many ounces?  (Read 1718 times)

Offline megbrunskill

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 12, 2005, 14:52:51 pm »
My daughter is 9 weeks today and weighs 11lbs. She is exclusively breastfed but I have started pumping to give her a dreamfeed. She only takes between 2 and 2.5 ounces at 10 and then wakes up at 2-3 for a feed and again at 5-6. She has been gaining weight really well (she was 6lbs at birth) so I am sure that she needs more food at the dreamfeed to go further into the night.
She is on a 3 hour EASY and goes to bed between 7:30-8. I feed her right before bed after her bath.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Megen
PS - Could it be the bottle - we have never given her a bottle when she is awake. We do the DF while she is sleeping and if she wakes up I nurse her instead.

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
How many ounces?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 18:24:45 pm »
Hi!
How long have you been doing the dreamfeed?  Many times it take a week or two before they start increasing the ounces  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline Seona1973

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 21
How many ounces?
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 19:13:10 pm »
they feed differently using a bottle than they do at the breast so you may want to get her used to using the bottle at some point during the day before attempting the dreamfeed again, just so that she knows how to use it properly and is more able to take a full feed. Previous posters have also done breastfeeds as the dreamfeed so might be worth a try.