Author Topic: please share your 6-7 month olds tired signs  (Read 2089 times)

Offline sunnysideup850

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
please share your 6-7 month olds tired signs
« on: August 14, 2005, 12:18:49 pm »
DS is 6.5 months old and seems to have abandoned all of his tired signs. Occasionally he will rub his eyes, but the yawning and arching of his back have disappeared.  I don't want to be ruled by the clock, but I have missed the window a few times lately because I just don't know when he's ready for naps and bed.  Any suggestions are welcome!  TIA!

Offline jillybeansmith

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 14:11:25 pm »
My lo is older, but since your lo's age, he will tug at his hair or rub the back of his head...sometimes, he 'calls' for his bed, he doesn't really cry, but just has a certain sound that he would make...I can tell immediately though when he starts playing with his hair or rubbing his head...

Offline LindseysMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Lincolnton, NC, USA
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 14:19:34 pm »
Lindsey will sometimes tug at her ears when she starts to get tired.  Also, rubs her eyes, yawns, and just gets fussy if getting overtired.
Lynne
Registered Nurse now Sahm
Mom to Lindsey Elizabeth 10/28/04
Baby girl due December 8th

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 15:16:30 pm »
sometimes he rubs his eyes, sometimes he really wants to snuggle... sometimes he starts getting fussy... sometimes his eyes just look really tired.

and most of the time i do watch the clock - since he seems to be more regular than greenwich time!
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline Samanthas mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2005, 15:20:11 pm »
It varies but generally eye rubbing or getting fussy.

Sometimes she doesn't really show any signs but if she has stayed up half an hour longer than normal I put her down anyway and 9 times out of 10 she takes a nap.
Sam's Mum

Offline Jadynsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2005, 22:34:10 pm »
My lo used to yawn, pull on her ears, fuss, but lately I cannot tell at all.  I do watch the clock, and almost everytime I get her ready for nap she goes down like she's ready.  When I do start shutting the door to say 'bye bye Mr. Sunshine', she always buries her head into my chest, like she knows it's time. :D

Kathy

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2005, 23:44:00 pm »
my lo never had tired signs beyond getting really excited and jerky so I never knew happy vs. tired  :roll:  now at almost 6 mo she rubs her eyes often. i still have to watch the clock with her though because she prefers to stay up most of the day if i don't insist on naps

a little trick i use if i can keep an eye on the clock or if i am suspicious that she might be tired - i pick her up and shh for a second - if she leans into me and/or rubs her face into my shirt i know she is getting ready for sleep but has not wanted to "admit" it.  if she is leaning slightly back or upright and happy/calm then i leave her playing a little longer.  HTH
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline palaeologus

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2005, 20:49:21 pm »
My LO is a classic eye-rubber and a yawner, but another sign I have picked up on is that she will cycle through her toys much faster when fatigue sets in, picking up and dropping a toy within 5 seconds.  Also, she breathes more heavily and her apparent external body temperature seems to go up just a little from fighting sleep.  I usually make my trip to the calmer front porch when I see these signs, and now hearing the word "outside" calms her just a little.