Author Topic: when to start some sleep training?  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Khyan & Sahria's mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 10
when to start some sleep training?
« on: August 14, 2005, 12:40:48 pm »
Over last few months we have slipped quite a bit with Khyan's sleeping  :shock: and as a result he needs patting on the bum till almost asleep and he also has a habit early morning wake at 5.30am  :shock:

Admittedly he has never been the child who goes in his cot wide awake but instead needs to be almost "trance-like" when put into his cot. I am fully aware and willing to tackle this now but I need abit of advice about our timing.

Khyan has been unwell the past week with HIGH fevers of 40 degrees  :shock: We think it was an ear infection or possibly a sinus infection and now that he is on antibiotics things are much better  :D His temperature is normal and he isn't as grumpy during the day. However he still has a running nose that is like a tap when he cries  :(

Should I give him demazin to dry it up before bed times and just go ahead with the sleep training? or should I be waiting for his nose to dry up and he is 100% better ? (His symptoms now are mostly cold type symptoms) the problem with this is that he never seems to be 100% better instead he just starts his next illness  :roll:

What should I do???

TIA
Michaela
Khyan & Sahria's Mummy