Author Topic: Somebody took my baby and left me with a whining clone!  (Read 1551 times)

Offline Costarican mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 15
Somebody took my baby and left me with a whining clone!
« on: August 14, 2005, 14:03:30 pm »
My 11.5 month old baby has been sick for a bit over a week now and since his cold started, it's like somebody stole my baby!  He won't eat, he has started waking up at night again...he won't stop whining and crying all day long... he only wants to be with me, in my arms (bear in mind he weights 30 pounds!).... it's a nightmare!! I must confess I've been bringing him over to my bed at night  because I just won't get any sleep otherwise...and I think it's just worse.... I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!  Reading thru the site, I think maybe his mollars are coming in...maybe it's a growth spurt, 'cause now he wants a bottle in the middle of the night again.... maybe it's everything at once.... I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!  Where do I start?  I've been noticing he doesn't want to nap twice a day anymore... he'll only do one nap now... usually an hour and a half...I don't know, it's all a big blurry mess!  :cry:

Offline Tonya

• Showing Appreciation 252
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 14:59:47 pm »
Sorry you both are going through such a rough time!!

If it's teeth, which always turns ds into a whiney, clingey mess, I'd try some pain relief, like Tylenol, and see if that helps at all.
They're just in so much darn pain, it's awful being them, and they want mamma for comfort! :cry:

When I'm sick, I am miserable and want to cry and whine and just be held all day too!  Do what you can to make your lo comfortable, lots of hugs and cuddles.

I WOULD try to avoid the middle of the night bottle - if you really think he needs something to drink, I'd try offering water.  If you think it's a growth spurt too, offer as much during the day as possible.

Anyways, hope he's feeling better soon!!!!
Tonya
Mom to Nathan - "Chunky Butternut", 02/18/04
           Madison - "Princess Pea", 11/29/06

Offline Costarican mom

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 21:06:02 pm »
I really have no clue what is going on with him.... his doctor's appointment is next Wednesday so I guess we'll see what he has to say, regarding his cold and wether he's teething or not.  I just wish I knew what's causing this disaster so I could try and fix it somehow.... he slept thru the night again for two nights...but then last night he woke up again!  Just when I was beginning to get my hopes up.....  :(

Offline Riverside6903

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 04:48:41 am »
Hi there,

Can i ask you what your baby's schedule is like?  What he wakes up, goes to sleep and so forth.  (it's very common for babies to go off their normal routine when sick and they can become attached to things like bed-sharing after just one time.)
Try to empathize with how your children may see the world.

Offline Costarican mom

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 03:29:59 am »
Hi....we're still sick here....we had a doctor's visit yesterday 'cause Julian was running really high fevers over the weekend.  His diagnosis was this weird virus that's going around...and that seems to be on the way out of his body, but may still do some more damage for a week or so!!  :?   Plus, it's official, two of his mollars are coming in..... plus, he had a growth spurt, he grew two centimeters this month!   Plus, walking is a relatively new thing as well.... so, as u see, absolutely everything that could mess his routine up is a factor here!!!
Julian wakes up around 5 am, at which time I give him a bottle and he'll usually go to sleep for an hour or an hour or a half more, with us in bed.... otherwise, there is no way he'll go back to sleep....believe me, I spent over a month doing PD for an hour or more every morning...nothing!! So, to be honest, I don't mind bringing him over for that last hour of sleep... I don't feel it's so bad.  He's transitioning to one nap a day, which he'll usually do around one pm, after lunch...at which time he'll sleep around one to one and a half hours tops.  Finally he goes to bed at seven pm.
He used to sleep thru the night, but now he's waking up at least once or twice every night...usually crying to come to my bed...and I must confess, I bring him over.
I'm very frustrated, because I feel that all my hard work went down the drain.... so sad!