Author Topic: 8 days & counting  (Read 1247 times)

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
8 days & counting
« on: August 15, 2005, 06:05:26 am »
now I know a bf baby is not considered consitpated if they don't have a BM for up to 10 days, so I'm not worrying about the fact he hasn't & he isn't unsettled... except I think the 3month growth spurt is upon us, as he is acting hungry more often ( he was 10 days early for 6 weeks, so it is about right timing.

BUT what does worry me is the next 2 days we are out & about with visits & the thought of it happening in the pram or car seat & the amount he poops after 5-7 days, does worry me... any suggestions to help it along???
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Laura's Mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 13
8 days & counting
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 06:22:00 am »
Kate,

When Cate WAS constipated at 6 months (that bloody rice cereal) and she was clearly in need of help (she was so uncomfortable poor baby), a health nurse suggested "tickling" her bottom with a cotton bud dipped in Vaseline. (I had heard similar reports from others using rectal thermometers!).  You just twist it a little........not too far......

Ahh the things we do :lol:

Anyhow, about 20 minutes later............it happened.

If you can stomach it, may be worth a try.

Also, tummy massages and leg lifting (they can nearly bend in half at that age!) seemed to help!

If he was a little older, I swear by prune juice; but not for a 3 month old.
Janelle Laura (26 March 2001) and Cate (11 December 2003)

Offline webfoot

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 7
    • Bug n' Belle
8 days & counting
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 06:51:55 am »
Oh don't you just know he's going to have a big blow out at the most incovinient time?

Evan is the same way. He's actually gotten more regular in his pooping in the last two to three weeks be we honestly have had up to 9 days w/o a BM, them he's a little pooping machine.  I'd just make sure you pack an extra outfit and everything that goes with it.

Evan did this to me just prior to MIL big 80th b-day bash and sure enough half way through the party he'd filled his britches.  Murphy's law.
Tanya

Kyle 12/27/01
Amy 3/28/03
Evan 4/12/05
Addy 4/29/10

Visit me on etsy!

annamum

8 days & counting
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 19:12:43 pm »
Well, sometimes they absorb everything you feed them, especially during a growth spurt that a poop they eventually produce is not so huge.

Hope it doesn't happen in a carseat LOL.