Author Topic: Need to stop holding her down  (Read 1252 times)

Offline Ladybird

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • UK Chick Living in Canada
Need to stop holding her down
« on: August 15, 2005, 13:54:47 pm »
I have been successful now for a while in getting my 10 month old to get herself to sleep in the crib but I have to keep rolling her back onto her side or back and keeping a gentle hand on her to stop her fidgeting all over the place

How am I going to get her to go to sleep without me stopping her fidgeting? I have tried to just leave her in the crib to do it herself but she just babbles and gets onto her hands and knees and wont go to sleep.

I have tried at night to just leave her to it but after about 4/5 hours of her playing and me going in to put her down and tell her its time for sleep she starts to hysterically cry and we are back to square one

What do I do now to get her to go sleep on her own?
Autumn Mae Brooke born Oct 12 2004
Evie Louise Brooke born Sept 16 2006

Offline Maddy's Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
    • The Family Website
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 19:05:42 pm »
Hi there,

We used PU/PD - or rather the PD part on its own with Mads when she was 10 months and hit a rocky sleep pattern. Basically, everytime she tried to sit up/stand up we told her it was betdtime and gently laid her back down - it took over 150 PDs the first night and gradually got better over the next few nights.

Has she always done this to get to sleep?

Dee
x

Offline Ladybird

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • UK Chick Living in Canada
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 01:02:47 am »
We rocked Autumn until she was about 8 months so only recently have we been doing the hand on the back but that worked if we stopped her from wriggling

The last couple of weeks when she has been trying to crawl has been when we have had to pin her more but I left her last night and she went to sleep, and again for both naps today

left her tonight and each time had hysterical screaming but only third time of going in and putting her down she went to sleep

Progress!!!! Thanks
Autumn Mae Brooke born Oct 12 2004
Evie Louise Brooke born Sept 16 2006