Author Topic: Need Help - Wants to feed all of the time!  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Sue & Syd

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Need Help - Wants to feed all of the time!
« on: September 01, 2005, 22:37:42 pm »
I am hoping to get some ideas from you experienced ladies out there!  My baby seems to have some eating issues and I cannot for the life of me figure out what to do.

We were originally giving her Good Start and this was causing her to be constipated and she was constantly wriggling and crying and would not eat much and want to eat often.

We just switched her to Similac Lactose Free at the suggestion of our ped and at first, things seemed great.  Her poops were loose and mustardy and she was much calmer.  However, she still does not each much at a sitting but wants to eat constantly.  She will go from happy and cooing to EXTREMELY fussy to the point of scream/crying.  We try everything to sooth her and nothing works until we put a bottle in her mouth and she settles instantly.  Most times she takes less than 1-2oz and goes back to being little miss happy pants.  I have tried getting her back on track but even the times she has a full 4oz bottle, she will do the screaming/crying an hour later.

I think it may be some sort of tummy problems but I am not so sure if milk allergy is the problem due to the fact that she shows no signs of food allergy.

Any help or advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 03:02:46 am »
Hello!
How old is your little one?  Also, how often is constantly?I'm assuming pretty young from the amount of ounces she takes and typically she should be able to make it 2-3.5 hrs between feeds..  When they are really little, their need to suck is really strong  - you could try a pacifier/finger etc.   Otherwise, again I'm not sure of her age, but I would try to increase the time slowly by 15 minutes every couple of days to increase the time inbetween feeds.  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline Sue & Syd

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 17:57:09 pm »
Hello.  She is turned 2 months on the 25th.  When I say constantly, it can often be as frequent as every 1/2 hour.  We try pacifiers or fingers..she even sucks on her own fingers.  But, that only works for a few minutes when she realizes that it isn't her bottle.  So, hunger is the reason for her crying.  I just don't know how to get her to take more at a feeding or what to do to keep her satisfied for longer periods.

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 02:54:27 am »
Hi again, sorry it has taken a while to respond...do you have Tracy's  "solve all your problems" book?  There is great info in there on how to deal with "snacking". Let me know  :wink:

Also....have you checked into reflux at all?  I don't have any experience with it but maybe that could be the culprit?
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom