Author Topic: 8 mo wakes constantly from 4:30-6:30  (Read 1371 times)

Offline Ruggie

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« on: July 25, 2005, 01:25:00 am »
Help!

DS wakes at around 4/4:30 and sleep for half an hour or so and then wakes and sleep then wakes etc until 6:30/7 .

We have tried wake to sleep, PU/PD only before 4(he only wakes before 4 occasionally), this has been going on for about 2 months.

He is eating solid extremely well, 3 meals a day, plus snacks and is on 3 bottle a day. He naps well during the day too, 2 naps totalling about 2.5 - 3 hours.

What can I do? Any suggestion?
Loanne
Domestic Goddess

Offline rachelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Oregon/USA
    • my blog
8 mo wakes constantly from 4:30-6:30
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 03:31:16 am »
when he wakes up is he crying, or just awake and happy?  If he's not crying, going to him may enforce the habit of waking up.  If he is happy, or just fussing a bit, don't go to him.  Give him a chance to settle back to sleep.  If he is full-on crying, then yes, go to him.  But he might just want to wake up for a little while and play and then go back to sleep.
Rachelle
Mommy to
Kiandra Diane 6-11-03
Kalli Louise 9-20-04
And Kiersten Angeline 4-25-06

Offline Ruggie

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 01:46:28 am »
We only go to him when he starts to cry and ignore him when he is talking to himself or just being fussy.  Usually when he is being fussy and grizzle, he eventually cries.

There are times when I thought he had lost his paci coz he is crying so loud, only to find him crying with the paci in his mouth or pullled it out himself and is still holding onto it.
Loanne
Domestic Goddess