Author Topic: 9 month old only wants bottle in his room  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Alison_3

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 95
9 month old only wants bottle in his room
« on: August 16, 2005, 18:42:02 pm »
I am in the process of working of PU/PD with my DS.  As of a week ago I was feeding him to sleep for naps :oops:  .  I still am not only EASY exactly, but we're certainly making progress.  I guess I started the bad habit of having him drink his bottle only in his room.  I've tried having him drink elsewhere, but he is too distracted to concentrate on drinking.  Is it okay to feed him in his room all the time?   I now feed him in there with the lights on and talk to him.  We no longer feed to sleep!! :D

Anyone else have a baby that is particular about the location of his/her feeding?

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

lil'monkey

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 20:41:46 pm »
DD used to be like this for months.  I have to plan all errands/outings around her feeding times.  Once she was on 2 naps, I slowly started to get her used to feeding in her carseat as we no longer are on EASY now.  What I did was time her 5 pm feeding while we were just getting back from an outing.  I just left her in the carseat, warm up the milk and fed her while she was watching our fish tank.  I did this for 2-3 days then I fed her in the stroller at a local bookstore again letting her watch people walk by.  By the end of 2 weeks, I can feed her anywhere.  Remember to tackle one feeding at a time and then do the other feedings.  It is really nice now as her first morning bottle is in my bed watching the news with dh beside us.  It is quite strange as before I had to feed her in her room as any distractions will deter her from finishing the bottle.  Now, I need the distractions to get her to finish it.  Oh well...anything just to get food in her! :roll:   HTH

PS If we are outside the house, I don't even warm up the bottle.  So far she is fine with it.

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 23:13:57 pm »
98% of our feeds happen in her room - she is too sitracted elsewhere.  we recently (last month) started feeding with t he lights on at leats - she used to "require" dim light and quiet!!
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline NKmommy

• Showing Appreciation 45
  • AKA Nathan'smommy
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 03:51:58 am »
Yup, ds is like that also.  Feeding out in public is a joke - it just doesn't happen.  He is so distracted that he quits eating when the air conditioning turns on/off.  Arghhhh.   :roll:
Sheila
ng

Offline CW

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 22:33:26 pm »
Hey Nathan's Mommy - we are practically neighbors!  I'm in Dana Point, not far from you at all!  We have friends who live in Ladera.  My ds is 10 months old today....

Offline NKmommy

• Showing Appreciation 45
  • AKA Nathan'smommy
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2005, 23:03:14 pm »
Hi CW!
We go down to Dana Point Harbor a couple times a week!  What a small world!   :D
Sheila
ng