Author Topic: Now what do I do?  (Read 1217 times)

Offline EllieLock

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Now what do I do?
« on: August 17, 2005, 02:37:45 am »
Am sat here at 3:30 in the morning in tears cos Nyah won't feed.  I've just strted regularly doing a DF from a bottle the last few nights and I noticed last night she was fussy and kept losing the latch in the middle pf the night feed but figured it was my fault cos it was dark.  Tonight I've tried with the light on too and she just sits there and plays with the nipple and falls off yet is obviously starving cos she screams and gapes if I take her away.  She's trying to use me like the bottle.  Can't belive this has happened after all the aggravation I've had with my nipples.  :(  What do I do?  Will she work it out again?  She isn't getting another bottle ehich is a shame as her dad likes doing it  :(

Ellie

Offline EllieLock

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Phew
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 10:54:15 am »
Well, after spending 2 and a half hours during the night, then having her wake at 6 and struggle again, she eventually decided to do it properly at 9am and fed fine.  Won't be using the bottle again though unless an emergency.  :(

Cheers,
Ellie

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 188
Now what do I do?
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 13:14:58 pm »
Oh, Ellie!  I'm so sorry you had such a rough night!  You're really been through the ringer, haven't you?  I don't have any suggestions about the bottle use...you might want to give it a couple of days to make sure she's latching well on you, so that she doesn't get confused?  I agree, it would be a shame if you couldn't use it at all, especially since your dh is keen. Keep us posted on how you're doing, please!
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha

annamum

Now what do I do?
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 16:21:42 pm »
Yes, I am sorry too  :( . Some babies just get confused with different nipples and yours was one of them. I am glad, that you had enough what it takes and you both made it work again.

Hope everything is on track again!