Author Topic: excitable babe takes forever to nap  (Read 1073 times)

Offline tereshay

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
excitable babe takes forever to nap
« on: August 17, 2005, 04:13:46 am »
hi.

my daughter is 10.5 months old. i had done a lot of accidental parenting, have been doing e.a.s.y and pu/pd method for a week now.

she was scared to go in her cot, would cry as soon as i got to her room, or if she was asleep she would wake after i put her in her cot and scream. i initially had to resort to the method of getting in her cot with her, i did this for the first night and following day.

she is now fine going into her cot, and we are generally getting on track. but this afternoon (and other times sometimes) she is very excited due to a visitor or something similar. she had an hour sleep thismorning (took 1/2hour to get her to sleep) we had our wind down time this afternoon and i put her in her cot as usual. but wow, she was so hyperactive and took me over an hour to get her to sleep. she doesn't cry she just laughs, plays (only if i'm in the room or she will cry) and makes a game of pu/pd. she will quickly throw herself backwards when i go to lie her down - or she will go to other side of cot trying to get away from me  (she does this often i think she has forgotten the reason she used to stand up in the first place, for me to pick her up lol. but usually not for so long. she knows i will not take her out of her cot.
1 question: if her next feed is not due til 7pm, do i still wake her up after 1/5 hours after the start of her usual sleep time and then she has only had 1/2 hour sleep?
2 question: do i carry on with the same method iv been doing for the above situation?
3 question: when do i start to try and leave the room? how do i approach this?

thank you :)
teresa and shakaya
Shakaya 03.10.04 angel/spirited/touchy - a little bit of everything depending on her mood :)

Offline Lici's Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 10
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 23:45:00 pm »
Hi Theresa,
Welcome - you are really close!!
As to your questions, I would relax a little on the times - if your daughter sleeps a little over her time to feed, I would not worry or wake her.
Again I would not worry about how long it takes for her to fall asleep, you can't make them! Last night my lo was still awake an hour and a half after being put to bed. As long as she stays in bed there is not a lot I can do.... So as long as your little one is having quiet time and is not stimulated, that may be enough.
Although it has been a while since I went through what you are so I await some more learned answers...
Emma
Mum to Lici (Felicity) 23 October 2002

Offline tereshay

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 04:20:39 am »
hi emma, thank you so much for replying.

i will take your advice! but i am having to stay in the room with her the whole time and was wondering when do i start trying to leave, or how do i do this?

i have been trying to leave today (taking advice from another posting) and coming back when she cries. but its like i have now gone back to the very beginning, and she is very upset. took over an 1.5 hours. and i had to stay there in the end just so she would sleep because she had only slept about 1/2hour all day and was very tired.

not sure what to do ... any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Shakaya 03.10.04 angel/spirited/touchy - a little bit of everything depending on her mood :)