Author Topic: Night Sleeping has Gotten worse. Please help me!!!  (Read 1286 times)

Offline Auvan

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Night Sleeping has Gotten worse. Please help me!!!
« on: August 17, 2005, 11:02:00 am »
Hello all. I have a DD who was born on June 10th. She has always been a decent night sleeper. We would lay her down at night and she would sleep 4-5 hours and then wake to eat. I would nurse, change, burp, etc. and lay her in her crib. She would just go right back to sleep and sleep for another 3 hours. Then, we would repeat. She woke up about 7:30 each morning.

Now, I am at my wits end. For about the past two weeks she isn't sleeping as well. Here is a typical night now:

8:00 Goes to sleep

9:00 Wakes up and wants to be put back to sleep by US, won't go back to sleep on own. We never had to do this before.

11:00 Wakes and wants to eat. Sometimes she wakes again before 11. When we put her back in her crib, she won't just go back to sleep--we have to pat her back until she goes back to sleep. Sometimes she'll wake up 10 minutes to 30 minutes later and we have to do the same thing.

1:30-2:00 Wakes to eat again. Sometimes she wakes earlier than this. Won't go to sleep on own--we have to pat her back.

6:00 Wakes up to eat. Sometimes will go back to sleep--sometimes is up for the day.

Has anyone else had this problem?? She was sleeping so well at night. I am so frustrated. We have tried getting her back to sleep without feeding her, but she won't. At first I thought it might be a growth spurt, but it has been over two weeks. I just don't know what to do. I thought their sleeping should get better--not WORSE!

I don't rock her to sleep at night or during the day and I don't feed her to sleep. We lay her in her crib while she is awake and sometimes we pat her until she goes to sleep. Please--does anyone have any advice???????

I have been doing the pat/shush method with her and I feel like maybe it has caused this problem.  She was going back to sleep fine at night until we started the pat/shush for naps.  Now, she has to be pat/shush back to sleep at night.  It is very frustrating.

Offline Taylor's Mommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • Long Beach, CA
    • http://www.taylormadellc.com
Night Sleeping has Gotten worse. Please help me!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 04:07:45 am »
too tired to do the math by her DOB, so how many weeks is she?  Maybe if she is 12 weeks or older it is her growth spurt and you need to up her calories during the day?
Andrea
Taylor-Textbook Baby
DOB 04/19/05

Sydney-too soon to tell, but looking EASY
DOB 05/20/07