Author Topic: Won't go to sleep for anyone but me  (Read 1212 times)

Offline CaedensMama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
Won't go to sleep for anyone but me
« on: August 17, 2005, 13:55:29 pm »
Caeden won't go to sleep for anyone but me - any suggestions on how to get him used to daddy putting him down? I can get him fed and relaxed and I know he is tired and ready for sleep and daddy will take him and he will just cry and scream. He has tried so hard and tried different things and positions, but he will just not relax and go to sleep.
We are still working on going into the cradle awake and so far he has to be mostly asleep before we put him in, but we are working on that as well.
Once he is asleep he sleeps great.
I would just like him to be comfortable with others putting him down and not have to have me - though it is often me that will put him down cause daddy often has to work late.
I would love any suggestions!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline Khyan & Sahria's mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 10
Won't go to sleep for anyone but me
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 14:02:23 pm »
No real advice here because we are having the same problem with our 16mth old  :shock: although I think in our case our LO knows what he wants and that is just that   :roll:

Anyway back to you :wink:  When our LO was really little he had the opposite problem - most of the time he settled heaps better with DH than with me  :shock: and the thing that we put it down to was pretty much tension  :?

I was just so stressed when I tried to put him to sleep that I must have been putting my energies onto DS  :shock: Whereas DH is much more laid back and just went with the flow and as a result had much more luck with DS and the sleep department  :D

This may not be the case at all with you but just thought I would share our experience  :D 

Goodluck - just stick to it and eventually it will get better  :D
Michaela
Khyan & Sahria's Mummy