Author Topic: only offering bottle to breastfed baby  (Read 1231 times)

Offline hels35

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 17, 2005, 19:41:11 pm »
need some advise. have been trying to get my 4 month old to take a bottle for over a month. tried cups, various bottles and teats other people feeding her etc. i suffer from postnatel depression and have medication that i can't take whilst bfeeding so need to give up totally. gp said only way is to only offer bottle and eventually she will have no choice but to take bottle and formula. tried it once and she went 10 hours and i gave in. gp said to try again and go away leave dd with partner could take 2 days. i want her to take bottle but feel terrile doing this it seems extreme and i worry about doing it. has anyone else succeeded. sorry to go on but doing it this weekend.
any help.....

Offline Isom'smom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Tennessee
only offering bottle to breastfed baby
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 19:57:07 pm »
http://www.babywhisperer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9215&highlight=

This is the page to peruse.  I know it can be tough, but hang in there.
(((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

annamum

only offering bottle to breastfed baby
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 20:08:55 pm »
Also, as this just crossed my mind... Is there any chance you can get another medication that is OK while breastfeeding? I think I have heard from some BW member that she nursed while she was on a medication.

OK, here it is: http://www.kellymom.com/health/meds/antidepressants-hale10-02.html
This is where you can find about medications for depression in moms and how they affect a baby through the breastmilk.
I hope that your doctor can change it to something that will work for you and the baby so you don't need to wean.

Good  luck!!!!

Offline hels35

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 22:08:22 pm »
thanks for advise. ireally want to stop bfeeding now. wanted to know ifanyone else had not offered breast and how long it took for baby to take bottle.