Author Topic: Delaying morning wake up for 10/11 month old? Wake to Sleep?  (Read 1280 times)

Offline Kazzabob

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Delaying morning wake up for 10/11 month old? Wake to Sleep?
« on: August 18, 2005, 08:10:05 am »
Does anyone have any advice?  There's a small excerpt in the book that goes on about Wake to Sleep for early wakings - has anyone done this?

Toby has been a good napper, and sleeps through (after a lot of hard work :wink: ), but has taken to waking at at @5.15am - 5.30am - it's killing me and my DH.  We've recently found out I'm PG with number two and really need my sleep! 

Toby has recently become very clingy which I'm putting down to age - I can't even walk out of the room without him screaming - do you think this has anything to do with it?

We put him to bed @ 7pm, and he usually has two naps of at least one hour?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Karen
Mum to Toby and Libby ;O)

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Delaying morning wake up for 10/11 month old? Wake to Sleep?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 18:29:12 pm »
hi,

i think we need some more info from you - can you post his daily schedule?

also, when he wakes at 5am, is he crying for attention or is he just playing?  if he's just playing, i would leave him & see what happens.  he may go back to sleep on his own. 

it also sounds like he's hitting separation anxiety - pretty common at this age.  you can help that during the day with peek-a-boo and telling him you will leave the room & come right back - and do that a lot.

HTH a little
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy