Author Topic: DF Question (xpost)  (Read 1127 times)

Offline kal

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 18, 2005, 19:10:37 pm »
My DS is 5 1/2 months and has been waking alot at night even though he's eating 32oz of formula plus cereal/veg twice a day, I decided to try to start a DF even though he's older because his last bottle is about 7pm and he dosne't wake till 6am, well last night it worked and he has his DF at 1030p and slept till 6am!!! I'm going to try again tonight to make sure its not a fluke but I have a few questions.

If he goes to bed at 7pm and wakes at 10pm on his own should I feed him then or try to get him back to sleep for awhile and then do a DF?
He normally eats a 7oz bottle during the day but last night we only gave him 4oz at the DF, do you think I should give him the normal 7 or see if the 4oz works?

Do you think I'm asking for trouble starting a DF this late in the game? DS is about 15lbs now and has been waking everynight crying for no reason for the last month. He might wake at around 11pm and 1am but this is not everynight. He always seems to wake at 3am or so like clockwork so I'm not really sure if its habit or hunger.
I can give him his binky and he might go back to sleep but it only lasts for about 10 minutes then he's up crying again and gets himself so worked up that he's wide awake and then it takes an hour to get him back to sleep. He goes to sleep in his crib without much issue at night so were only dealing with night wakings at this point. Do you think I should start doing pu/pd at night instead of doing a DF??

Offline Tru's Mommy

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
DF Question (xpost)
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 15:09:01 pm »
Sounds a lot like my situation!  DS is going on 5 mo. (born 3/29) and I tried the dreamfeed about a month ago.  It had little to no impact on his nightwakings, so I stopped.  But last week he started waking (hungry) at 11 p.m.-ish.  Of course, this was JUST as I was falling asleep, and it was torture getting back out of bed, lol.

So, as of 3 nights ago, I'm doing a DF around 10 or 10:30 p.m.  In turn, he is now sleeping to 2 or 3 a.m. for his next feed.  He's typically in bed asleep by 7:30 p.m., so I try to do his DF three hours later.  Last night he was out like a light at 7 a.m. and woke on his own at 9:45 p.m., so I went up and fed him as a DF and put in back in the crib and he slept until 2 a.m.

I'm going to give it another month and then stop the DF and see how he does without it.  I have a 2.5 yo., so I really didn't want to do the DF because I wanted to be "off duty" at 8:30 p.m. when ds#1 went to bed.  But, you gotta do what you gotta do, lol.

:) Tru & Rowan's Mommy