Author Topic: Dream Feed with BF'ing  (Read 1339 times)

Offline EllieLock

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Dream Feed with BF'ing
« on: August 22, 2005, 20:37:51 pm »
Hi there,

I have a question about the dream feed.  I breast feed my daughter and when she is not properly awake I have problems getting her to take a proper feed.  She'll go for 10 minutes maximum and then doze off again.  All very well, but then she tends to wake up hourly and do this.  If I wake her up properly at 10/11, switch on the lights, unswaddle her, feed off one side, change nappy, swaddle and feed off the other side she'll go 4-4.5 hours, til about 2:30/3.  Then she has a 20 minute feed, wakes up again at 5, feeds for 10 minutes, then wakes again at 6, another 10 minutes, then wakes again at 7 at which point I give up, get up and she'll feed properly.

Any tips?
Cheers,
Ellie

Offline horseymum

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Dream Feed with BF'ing
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 07:38:29 am »
my son never fed without being properly awake so we always woke him at our bedtime.  I thought i would be creating a waking habit at that time but it has not proved to be so as we have know just stopped this feed. I found also that the first stretch was always the longest sleep.  Could you try ignoring her at 6am, knowing she has fed at 5, or try to stretch the 5am feed to nearer 6 and just go with getting up then just now?