Author Topic: WHY??WHY??WHY??  (Read 1209 times)

Offline Laura~Cooper's Mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
WHY??WHY??WHY??
« on: August 18, 2005, 19:30:59 pm »
Why is it that as soon as things aren't going as planned or expected...I take it all on myself and it becomes all my fault???

Cooper is suddenly not wanting to nap, needing more awake time and I am losing my gentle little EASY baby.   I don't know where to begin, how to adapt and feel like a novice all over again.  My dh keeps telling me how I need to sleep train him agan (HA) and I don't have the energy to do it all over again.  He is sleeping better at night but struggles to settle himself and has trouble going down some nights.  I would say about half the nights are easy and the other half are hard.  One night he'll sleep 7pm-7am and the next he's up every 3 hours.  WHAT AM I DOING???  I am losing my mind.  I just want some time on my own at night.  UGH and now he isn't napping well either so I get NOTHING.  Please help. :shock: I am so unsure of how to proceed.  I have looked back in book 3...maybe someone can give me specific page numbers.  Better yet...who wants to move in for 2 weeks???:)
Laura

Offline Fiona (Leah & Kians Mom)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
WHY??WHY??WHY??
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 19:36:02 pm »
Hi There,
Was a thread going about 2 weeks ago with loads of us who had problems with naps, think was called extended wake time where to fit in naps  and funnily enough all the babies were about 10 months or just over it. What is his day time schedule like? we cut down the morning nap for 2 weeks by 5 mins and this increased the lunchtime nap, after 2 weeks went back to normal nap times, turns out dd was just beginning to bum shuffle around so this might have been a contributory factor.
Fiona

Offline Laura~Cooper's Mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
WHY??WHY??WHY??
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 20:26:16 pm »
Fiona--Thanks for the quick reply.  I have pushed back his morning nap slowly and he sometimes will sleep two hours and take no afternoon nap and sleep fine all night.  Today however he slept 30 min this morning and has been sleeping 1 hour 30 min now.  I just can't seem to figure it out.  Our schedule was
7am wake and eat solids
8:30 bottle
9:30 or 10:00 nap
11:30 or 12:00 wake up
12:30 lunch
3:00 bottle/nap
4:00 wake up
5:30 dinner
6:30 bath
7:00 bottle and bed

See anything I can tweak???  He just woke up soooooo cranky.  Yuck :(
Laura