Author Topic: Bedtime  (Read 1134 times)

Offline tig

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 18, 2005, 20:47:37 pm »
Hi I'm Tig :?  and I have an 8wk old daughter .What I really need right now are some ideas as to how to bring bedtime forward. At the moment she is going to bed when we do and into a cot inour room. She has a bath bottle etc about 9.30 - 10pm and is put to sleep in her cot awake and she goes off to sleep on her own. The problem is I know she should be going to bed earlier but daddy doesn't get in until 7pm and wants to spend some time with her. We agree this time needs to be brought forward but are unsure how to do it.
Any advice would be greatfully apprecicated

Tig

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 188
Bedtime
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 23:31:04 pm »
You'd want to do it gradually - start putting her down 15 min earlier each night until you get to a time you're happier with.
HTH!
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha

Offline Pendle Girl

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Bedtime
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 09:50:07 am »
My dh gets home at 7 and we agreed from day 1 that we couldn't keep dd up for hours just so he could see her.  We've been trying to set a routine from 1 weeks old (she's now 7 weeks and it all fell into place about 1 1/2 weeks ago) that dh gives her a feed in the morning and has some activity time with her then.  He then gets home at 7pm ready to give her a bath and her final bottle before she goes to bed.  As well as that I try to do any chores like mowing the lawn at weekends so he can spend time with her then.

As the previous poster said you'll not be able to move bedtime in one go, you'll need to do it gradually until you get to a time that suits you all.

Good luck.