Author Topic: night time feeding while on EASY  (Read 1615 times)

Offline stopjo

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 16, 2005, 03:34:42 am »
My son is now 6 weeks and 4 days.  After following the cluster method, if he wakes up every 3 hours in the night and cries, do you feed or just try to put him back to sleep without feeding to stretch the night time for may be 6 hours? Just curious.

Thank you
Jo

Offline Jadynsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
night time feeding while on EASY
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 03:54:22 am »
Hi Jo,

He is still pretty young, so I would still feed him, esp if he acts hungry.  Do you also do the df?

Kathy

Offline stopjo

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 13:51:26 pm »
No, I don't do df.  I will be starting work soon and I want the night time to be    8:30 to 4:30.  This week, I am trying to feed him around 8:00 and put him to bed around 8:30-8:45.  He wakes up anytime between 12:30 and 2:30.

After I started cf, he kind of sleeps between 4-5 hours in the night.  I was just wondering what to do if he does cry in 3 hours.  And also, you're saying that he is young for extending the night time feeding.  So, at what age can we try extending the night time feeding?

Thank you
Jo

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
night time feeding while on EASY
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 01:00:48 am »
Yes, at 6 weeks I would continue to feed if he wakes up at the 3 hr mark.  Have you tried using the pacifier?  He may be waking for the need to suck (if he doesn't take it and is still crying, he's probably hungry).  Also, not sure if you are going in to him right away, but if you wait a couple of minutes if he's just fussing and not crying, a lot of times babies will go back to sleep.
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline stopjo

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 13:31:57 pm »
I wasn't picking him up immediately  and he won't take the pacifier.

Finally, for the past 2 days he is sleeping for 6 hours :)  The trick was I added quarter oz at each feeding during the day time.  I think he needed more calories.

Jo